Brexit or stay in, consequences for our plants

Seeing as we didn't really find out what would be the consequences to our plants, can i request this thread now be closed before anyone falls out.

We're here for the fascinating world of carnivorous plants, not politics.

Maybe a new thread about the importing and exporting of plants can be started in the future when we have a better idea of how the laws may change.

Hurray for Tony!

I'd been thinking about saying this for a few days, but didn't want to get stuck in the middle of the arguments. I would like to second Tony's idea. Let's get back to talking about what's really important in life, like CPs!

• Like 3

:laugh2:  :laugh2:  :lol:  :lol:

The old ones are the best.

There was always a lot more truth in that show, than politicians would like to admit in public.

Plenty of fodder for a new series now :yes:

Any change in any situation, always makes the financial market 'get it's nickers in a twist' - they just don't like change. Things will eventually settle down.

A drop in the value of the Pound, makes imports more expensive and exports cheaper, so benefitting UK manufacturers/exporters, which being as we are still in the 'free market' (for the time being) can only be good at the moment.

If events lead to a fall in house prices, that will be good for first time buyers.

If interest rates have to rise, that will be good for those who have been prudent enough to have savings and who have been VERY badly treated for several years now.

Whatever happens there are winners and losers. The winners rejoice and the losers complain.

That's Life!

• Like 1

Free access means no restrictions to trade, countries without free access, all have some kind of restriction to trade. Import tariffs being one of them. When many foriegn companies invested in the UK, it was on the bases of free access to the EU, if after the next two years they have to pay tariifs to export to the EU, they may well decide to move to a country that does have free access.

Same with the banks in London.

A lot now depends on what we can negotiate in the next two years. If we cant negotiate free access, many employers may simply choose the abandon the UK altogether.

we buy more from eu than sell to them. they will be only to happy to renegotiate trade deals with us, probably on similar terms as before. now the whole world is our market on our terms, not dictated too by unelected bureaucrats that we know nothing about. anyway enough said as time will tell

Actually we have no one experieneced in negotiating trade agreements because we havent done one in over 40 years. 

really what about all the other countries in the world

Edited by mantrid

Realistic advice based on the opinion of experts, taken from all political parties and overseen by the foreign office, is the best advice we have.  Unless your a legal expert in international trade and wish to donate your services Fred.

you are conveniently not taking into account the advice from all the leave experts.

I think in the next 4 years the EU will be getting smaller

Not bigger. To keep going they will need more billions from Germany and France as the

Rest of the them are basket cases no money that's why they are drawing more than

They put in.

this is a very important point. and one of the main reasons I voted to leave the sinking ship.  we are in a great posit6on now to get all our renegotiations done before france and germany will be doing the same in the future when the eu collapses

really what about all the other countries in the world

So all the experts are in other countries, thats going to be a very one way negotiation isnt it?

this is a very important point. and one of the main reasons I voted to leave the sinking ship.  we are in a great posit6on now to get all our renegotiations done before france and germany will be doing the same in the future when the eu collapses

Thats just a fantasy.

you are conveniently not taking into account the advice from all the leave experts.

No, i used INDEPENDENT experts.

how can you say your predictions are reality. they havent happened yet

You do undersatnd what the pound dropping means and downgrading our credit rating, well be very lucky to escape a recession.

we buy more from eu than sell to them. they will be only to happy to renegotiate trade deals with us, probably on similar terms as before. now the whole world is our market on our terms, not dictated too by unelected bureaucrats that we know nothing about. anyway enough said as time will tell

We could allways trade with the whole world, we just made it harder to trade with Europe and the whole world (through losing trade agreements) at least for several years, whatever the outcome.  So what if we buy more from them (and i'm not sure thats true - services)? how does it benefit us to damage the european economy, it doesnt.  This is small minded politics.

Edited by manders