It's been a while since I last posted here! The last couple of years has been very busy with university, fieldwork, and travelling around various parts of Europe, with much time spent away from home. While I found time to tend to and tidy the hardy plants in the greenhouse from time to time, as a result my indoor collection, which I was very proud of, has shrunk considerably due to neglect and pests. I am looking to build it up again to some extent, especially with Drosera and Utricularia (I can't believe I lost my prized flowering specimens of U. quelchii and praetermissa - there was some sort of isopod arthropod in the moss which ate at the stolons and the damage was done before I noticed! :( )

However, the run of nice weather recently has left things looking very nice in the greenhouse!

Plenty of growth on the sarras!

wilos26.jpg

This is my tallest Sarra *so far* this year - but it may be beaten by an x alava. It's S. flava rugellii MK F143 'Tall clone'. Great robust pitcher, 96 cm tall, with a huge lid and lovely throat!

wilos6.jpg

Gorgeous tall flava ornatas

wilos13.jpg

This promising-looking rubricorpora seedling has been lurking unnoticed in a corner for goodness know show long until I found it and was delighted with its colour!

wilos16.jpg

Orange flowers of Brook's Hybrid:

wilos19.jpg

One of my favourites, MK H26 - flava x alata, just opened. This should go deep crimson all over later in the season.

wilos20.jpg

I love the small sweet red flowers of rubras en masse - in front is jonesii, left is wherryi yellow flower, back is alabamensis

wilos21.jpg

And wherryi 'Chatom Giant':

wilos7.jpg

Leucos are starting to pop open too:

wilos27.jpg

My first ever Darlingtonia flowers! they're lovely, and remind me of Fritillary lilies.

wilos14.jpg

The whole Darly plant - ridiculous numbers of stolons being produced, not that I'm complaining!

wilos15.jpg

More to come!!

I only have a few typical Dionaea, but they are doing great. Somehow only having a couple of plants makes me really love them!

wilos2.jpg

My Cephalotus doesn't have as large pitchers as it did a few years ago, but it has spread with many more growth points. More pitchers are now being grown, plus 5 flower stalks (which I cut off all but 1).

wilos8.jpg

The only Nepenthes that is looking good for me at the moment is, unbelieveably, a windowsill-grown seed-grown specimen of N. robcantleyi QoH x KoS - it used to grow very slow, but has sped up recently, and each pitcher is better and better, the most recent being 10cm high!

wilos1.jpg

Pinguicula agnata which has thrived through many a long drought yet flowers like its in paradise!

wilos18.jpg

P. vulgaris:

wilos23.jpg

My Drosera regia is recovering after a horrible prolonged aphid infestation last year, but is building in size nicely this year. I am making sure it is well fed!

wilos11.jpg

wilos12.jpg

My set of writhing tentacles that is D. filiformis: this plant is many years old and has never been divided.

wilos9.jpg

wilos10.jpg

The next three Drosera were recieved only 3 weeks ago from Tobias Kulig - lovely well grown plants which have continued on like they were never posted!

D. graomogolensis is so beautiful, fast growing and I love it!

wilos3.jpg

D. slackii is also beautiful and each leaf is bigger and bigger!

wilos5.jpg

D. hamiltonii is a bit slower growing, but dewing up nicely and will look lovely when it has made a few more leaves.

wilos4.jpg

The natives pot - A very large and vigorous D. x obovata with D. rotundifolia (and a naughty D. filiformis seedling in the back that needs transplanted!

wilos24.jpg

One of my many D. binata - but this one stays small and delicate and will look great hanging up.

wilos25.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...