Filtering rainwater

What can you use for filtering rainwater? I have tried I bleached coffee filters but they are very slow and clog quickly, even if you use a fine sieve to pre-filter. Anyone any other suggestions.

I have some from my greenhouse roof which goes into an enclosed butt, which I don't filter, but because, amazingly, I haven't got much stored up (and having to wash substrate) I've put a bucket under a leak on my house guttering. I also have a couple of clean containers about, which seem to collect bits of crud. Moss, that sort of thing. maybe I'm being overzealous?

In my experience as well, the problem that you will find in collecting water from a greenhouse roof is that you may not collect enough water during July and August. If you can, try and collect some more water from the roof on the house. It does depend if the downpipe is on you side of the house. I used to live in a house where the downpipe was on the neighbour's side so I was a bit buggered.

For one i would use tap water to wash your substrate and not waste your rain water,and like you i collect my water off my green house which goes into a 40ltr tub,i then use this to fill my butts through the winter ready for the growing season.

Hi

You could use plastic mesh which is rigid

You can obtain different size sheets from a aberdasery shop

The grade of holes are measured per square inch there start from 7 upto 20

You could put some into the bottom of a large plant pot and attach it to the downpipe

Only cost about £2