Hello from West Wales UK

MarkB

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time i introduced myself...

I started growing Sarracenia in my early teens and it turned in to a bit of a hobby from there i guess. 15 years later and i'm still growing them, my Sarracenia collection has grown quite a bit in that time and i've added many drosera and dionnea plants to my collection which i enjoy just as much.

I'm originally from Northern England, Cheshire, UK where i had limited space for growing but i recently moved to West Wales, UK (near to Tenby) and suddenly i have a lot more space, so much that i dont really know what to do with only to fill it with more plants. So you could say i'm expanding my collection :P.

I've also again very recently invested in some LED lighting and i'm venturing in to growing plants under artificial lighting specifically LEDs which i have a bit of a fascination about.

I'll post some pictures of my plants and experiments later in the year when they are growing.

See you all around.

Thanks MarkB!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :).

Welshy i'm enjoying Wales although i'm not sure about the weather. I visited a few times before buying and the weather was always glorious, i even lived in Carmarthen for an entire year prior and all i can remember is beautiful sunny weather. Since i moved down here permanently though its not stopped blowing and raining. I get the feeling i was tricked :laugh1:

Edited by MarkB
  • Like 2