Easy nepenthes

Davvekavve

Hi! As the title says, I want to grow more nepenthes, I currently have a Nepenthes Ventrata, and a bloody mary. And they do really well:)

And I want to grow some easy species, that can grow in room temperature(I dont have a greenhouse) But I have a mini greenhouse with a fan and the humidity is 70% day and 100% night. And the temperature drop is 2 C, (when its inside under grow light) so I guess I cant grow highlands species. Now in the summertimes when the mini greenhouse is outside, they get a temperature drop, but when it's indoor at the winter, I cant provide the needed temperature drop for highland species. So, do you know some species that I should try? :)

Maxima, tobaica, adnata, truncata, basically anything that grows around 1000m altitude should fine, although you don't mention your actual temperatures. Probably best avoid anything that grows over 2000 m altitude although singalana seems adaptable to house plant conditions.

Sometimes you just have to try, different clones of the same species react differently.

• Like 1

The alata is more likely to be a ventrata, I would keep it inside, neps don't tend to do very well outside (unless you mean in a greenhouse). I don't grow Bloody Mary either but its a cross between a lowlander and an ultrahighlander, so just keep it indoors should be fine. Most neps will do ok in a house on a windowsill for a long time, if they show any signs of stress it's time to move them to different conditions.

22 degrees is kinda cold for a Hookeriana and I think minimum of 17  degrees (a 2 degrees drop by night) is to hot for burbs.

Is your greenhouse one of those small IKEA ones? about 40x30cm? in that case you should be carefull of living it under direct sun outside, it can fry your plants even in den svenska sommaren :)

Ventratas, Mirandas, alatas and even Ventricosas are good ones to start with due to their adaptability to windowsill/indoors conditions. I have a Bloody Mary (amp x vent) and they are quite hardy too.

But as Manders wrote the only way to know is trying.

Can't go wrong with a ventricosa or burkei they really great and easy, especially burkei. As for burbidgeae the are not that cool growing mines likes it a bit hotter, but good luck finding one took me 4 years! In my experience 90 percent of plants are easily adaptable and will settle in, just insure sufficient humidity and you shouldn't go wrong.

Hope this helps

Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nepenthes robcantleyii is in my opinion the easiest nepenthes I have ever grow, no greenhouse need, you just have to put it in a big pot, behind windows in winter, outside when frost stop and you just have to don't let it in full sun during the hotest hours of the day.

Nepenthes robcantleyii is in my opinion the easiest nepenthes I have ever grow, no greenhouse need, you just have to put it in a big pot, behind windows in winter, outside when frost stop and you just have to don't let it in full sun during the hotest hours of the day.

Mine died :(