A few pictures of my Nepenthes and Grow setup

Flip_Side_the_Pint

Here are some quick shots of my hep seedlings. I forgot to turn the leds off so they're a bit pink.

DSCN0010_zpsdp1857md.jpg
DSCN0018_zpslhehg38i.jpg
DSCN0013_zpsoxzgctzm.jpgDSCN0012_zpsa1zjodn1.jpgDSCN0014_zpsfi9seydf.jpg

here are a few more.
DSCN0020_zps3vf6r0dv.jpg
DSCN0019_zpsk1wnarf0.jpgDSCN0008_zpsi7egqzgv.jpg

Here are a few more, I just got a new point and shoot so I'm fiddling around with it. maybe these came out little better? only thing is this time the fogger was on, gah can't get it just right yet. I guess I have to do it wrong before I do it right.

Here is a tiny N. kinabaluensis (N. villosa x N. rajah) despite its size I really like the shape its grown into very shapely for such a small specimen.
DSCN0024_zpsmidsbyeh.jpg

two seed grown hamata and a small AW macro, among others.

DSCN0027_zpsblef3s21.jpg

N. ramspina

DSCN0029_zpsp9ncccvl.jpg

N. jamban and N. lowii

DSCN0030_zps0qtoq1wy.jpg

an old BE N. hamata shadowing three sg eddies

DSCN0028_zpsjao9335n.jpg

N. flava finally starting to look flava like

DSCN0025_zpstylecdzb.jpg

N. vietchii already striping itself out

DSCN0026_zpspo7gga1e.jpg

and a complete chamber shot.
DSCN0021_zpsl9vndask.jpg

Here is a cool little rajah, I got it at the same time as the other 4 and its from the same seed pod but its growth is really out pacing the others.
DSCN0022_zpscmz5tqi8.jpg

thank you for looking. As I figure out how to take better pics and maybe a vid I'll try to improve the photo quality and color.
  • Like 8

Thank You everyone, I don't really often post pictures online so its nice to get some feedback. I was able to get the N. undulatifolia from a friend that obtained a small bit of seed from someone in Europe that had collected a few pods. He was able to get three to germ and was kind enough to let me have one. Its quite an interesting species. I'll take a few more detailed shots of it. When I first got it, it was just coming out of its proto-pitcher stage. 

-Jess

• Like 1

Here re some close ups of the N. undulatifolia I can't wait till its leaves start to undulate.

DSCN0034_zpsiuhvfqxm.jpg

DSCN0035_zpswd5gkkas.jpg

DSCN0033_zpsjrslljsh.jpg

DSCN0031_zpshvb1yblr.jpg

DSCN0036_zps4tdyzjcz.jpg

DSCN0037_zpskgtjohbq.jpg

Here is a tiny N. aristolochioides Not much to look at but it I just rediscovered it in my collection. About six months ago my misting system malfunctioned while I was gone for a few days and things got a little dry, I lost a couple of seedings but nothing too important. I assumed one of them was this N. aristolochioides. Well this past week I have been slowly going through my seedlings and freeing them of overgrown sphagnum as I do every so often as they get crowded. Well I found this small 5cm pot with only a large clump of sphagnum, which I thought was odd as I don't keep pots of just sphagnum moss. So I start digging through it and surprise there was my little N. aristolochioides !! 

DSCN0040_zpskcixoili.jpg

DSCN0038_zpswrpp4npf.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jess,

This in an incredible collection you have there ! Congratulations !

Btw, you set up looks amazing ! 

Is it possible that you describe us some parts of your incredible terrarium ?
What kind of Lights (leds), agency.. ?

Actually I'd like to know what is your media substrate ? Is it the same for all your plants ?

Your plants looks really healthy, they'll thank you back for giving them such good conditions.
Keep us updated :)

Cheers!

Gabin

Hi Jess,

This in an incredible collection you have there ! Congratulations !

Btw, you set up looks amazing ! 

Is it possible that you describe us some parts of your incredible terrarium ?

What kind of Lights (leds), agency.. ?

Actually I'd like to know what is your media substrate ? Is it the same for all your plants ?

Your plants looks really healthy, they'll thank you back for giving them such good conditions.

Keep us updated :)

Cheers!

Gabin

Thank you Gabin!

The lighting is a combination of LEDs and 48" t5 (6500K x4) fluorescents. The LEDs are made up of one a generic 650watt "vegetation" array and one generic 700 watt "flowering" array. I got them at one of the numerous hydroponics shops we now have popping up all over the USA geared toward the cannabis growers market, not something I'm a fan of but they sell equipment quite cheap. The chamber is cooled by a 5000 BTU Frigidaire Hang on A/C unit Controlled by an Auto-Pilot Greenhouse controller. Humidity is a Reptifogger also controlled by the Auto-Pilot. I also use a MistKing misting system. 

As for what I use for substrate, its pretty simple but does vary little depending on the species. Its basically consisting of live sphagnum, orchid bark, large perlite, lava rock, charcoal, and shredded cypress bark and course sand. The ratios of the components vary depending on the species. 

I'll update as things grow and change. Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Flip_Side_the_Pint
  • Like 1