Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne

CPPT

Hello everybody.

I've been reading up the forum for a while now and decided to register.

I'm originally from Portugal where I used to have a decent collection of carnivourous plants. Unfortunately when I moved to the UK about 2 and a half years ago I had to donate my collection as I couldn't bring them with me. And as my partner is from newcastle here we are :P

Ive had been fascinated by this amazing plants for a good few years and I'm specially interested in droseras, cephalotus, sarracenias and nepenthes.

I am no expert and I can't wait to start building up a new collection again.

I can't wait for some advice for some of the most experienced growers around here which I'm sure will be alot more comfortable growing on the "lovely" british weather :P

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  The Carnivorous Plant Society would be a good thing to join.  There are a few growers up north.  They're hosting the ICPS conference this year at Kew which is going to be an amazing event with all sorts of things planned so now is the perfect time to sign up.  Details here http://thecps.org.uk

Welcome to the forum.  The Carnivorous Plant Society would be a good thing to join.  There are a few growers up north.  They're hosting the ICPS conference this year at Kew which is going to be an amazing event with all sorts of things planned so now is the perfect time to sign up.  Details here http://thecps.org.uk

Thank you Richard.

Brilliant I'd be very much interested on that!

I had a look on the website it looks great with loads of useful information :)

I would love to hear from the northern members :D

Thank you Richard.

Brilliant I'd be very much interested on that!

I had a look on the website it looks great with loads of useful information :)

I would love to hear from the northern members :D

Welcome to the forum !! I would class myself as a northern member but still 150 miles south of you.

Thank you all for the welcome messages.

@linuxman fantastic! That's great news.

Would you happen to know if there are any physical stores with cps around the north east? As so far all I could find were online shops and even though it's great I personally like to see what I'm buying before I get my hands on the plants :P

Hello everybody.

I've been reading up the forum for a while now and decided to register.

I'm originally from Portugal where I used to have a decent collection of carnivourous plants. Unfortunately when I moved to the UK about 2 and a half years ago I had to donate my collection as I couldn't bring them with me. And as my partner is from newcastle here we are :P

Ive had been fascinated by this amazing plants for a good few years and I'm specially interested in droseras, cephalotus, sarracenias and nepenthes.

I am no expert and I can't wait to start building up a new collection again.

I can't wait for some advice for some of the most experienced growers around here which I'm sure will be alot more comfortable growing on the "lovely" british weather :P

must be better weather up there than it is in Manc down here :-p probably really is, its always overcast in Manchester so we don't get a dense sunlight to often :-) Its why I made this little grow station rather than relying on our sun :-D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaBonlDxN4 its probably possible to grow the c.p. in a little green house or on the window ledges up north though so its not the end of the world :-p

mmm Portugal weather would be lovely :-D

Look forward to see how your plants do :-) don't forget to post us some photos and updates :-p

welcome to the forums

Paul

Thank you all of you for the welcome. Paul that growing station looks absolutely fantastic! So far I managed to purchase 6 cps. I have forgotten a lot about these little wonders of nature after being away from it for about 3 years. So I may ask you guys for some help in ID'ing 3 plants :P

Thanks again everyone