Sign in to follow this  
Rocki Road

Hi Guys

Quick intro 

I grow Sarracenia I have about 15 now so a mini collection most have a name ( hopefully the correct one ) and a couple of seedlings from a nursery in France that came free with a plant I bought ,  all are kept in my cold greenhouse,  windows open 12 months of the year ... I think that helps to keep them healthy , I did have a problem with vine weevils a couple of years ago which I found in the compost when splinting them in the spring,  amazed me how tough they are I washed all the roots and re potted them in fresh compost all looks ok now as I was growing fuchsias at the same time and they had them as well !!! 

Looking forward to having a good nose about 

RR 

• Like 1

Shwmae Rocki, welcome to CPUK :good2:

What part of Wales are you at ?

thanks everyone,

Hi Welshy  not far from Pencoed , your greenhouse is looking great, interesting to see how its coming on and what you will be growing . It starts with one !!! 

Shwmae Rocki, welcome to CPUK :good2:

What part of Wales are you at ?

thanks everyone,

Hi Welshy  not far from Pencoed , your greenhouse is looking great, interesting to see how its coming on and what you will be growing . It starts with one !!! 

thanks everyone,

Oh just up the road from where i was born and bred, Port Talbot. Then i moved to Neath for about 6 years, and now i've been living in Lancashire since late 2013.

You need to have a chat with Ian Salter on here, who isn't very far away from you. Ian's got a massive collection of bog plants available to buy, and is the bugger responsible for getting me into CP's in the first place, and about 3 grand worse off too :laugh1:

Talking of the greenhouse, thanks for your comment by the way !

Good to hear your plants held out, perks of global warming :-p welcome to the forum :-)

• Like 1