Hi from Nottingham, Uk

Replicant

Hi All

Just finding my way around the site and trying, with no success, to straighten my profile picture....lol!....Been growing CPs for many years and looking forward to joining in.

Whats in flower at the moment for me?......P.primuliflora and just getting ready is U.asplundii ...really looking forward to that one!

kind regards

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome Martin, Dave & Steve ....I am in Woodthorpe Dave and very wet it is too this morning!

Thanks for the welcome guys and for your grow lists....must compile one myself. There seems to be quite a few on this forum from Nottingham/Derby maybe we should have a CP meet up some time?

Shame I didn't meet you guy's in the 1990s, I had a large nepenthes collection back then....but work and lack of time got in the way and I ended up selling it. I just have a very modest collection now that I started last year but its growing. This time round I have got really interested in Utric's and I'm seeking out some of the beautiful orchioides group and the challanging aquatics.

Could take you on a nice field trip though to see local rarities like orchids....not many CPs in Notts but I know a great site some 40-50 minutes drive away.

Sabian.....I don't have a spare tank, try Gumtree Nottingham you may pick up something cheap. Another idea is to try local Aquarium shops and see if they have anything thats going cheap because of damage or leaking....no good for fish but still ok for plants!

I did this years ago and got myself a great lowland Nep. tank for just a few quid.

Good luck

Paul

CPs you mean?....I have found d.rotundifolia and u.vulgaris there may be more.

CPs you mean?....I have found d.rotundifolia and u.vulgaris there may be more.

• 4 weeks later...

I can recommend 2mm Perspex for fixing up and building little green houses, its not great on security but for £25 for a 6ft x 4ft sheet, you can make some decent sized customised structures with a dremel drill and a cutting disc head :-) also for lighting led grow lights could come in handy to boost natural light, check the topic of grow lights in the forums for more info :-)

Im looking for a new terrarium as my green house broke down im also i need of lights for them if i get a terrarium just asking if any of you guys have any glass tanks or stuff - Sabian Mehmetaj

To you other guys I would love to see your collections of c.p's :-) im just starting out but I find them a really intriguing set of species :-D