FunToFunky

Drosera Magnifica In Cultivation

Nigel H-C has produced an article in the September 2018 issue of the ICPS newsletter on D. magnifica cultivation you may find interesting.

Here's the remaining plant, with its pseudo-hibernaculum at the top, formed during the unusually hot summer, just starting to expand in the last few weeks. It's very slow so far. It looks like it would appreciate higher humidity.

Also attached is D. hamiltonii and D.bindoon as they look nice in the greenhouse at the moment.... and cos I didn't want the only photo I share to look depressing! :)

P1120345.JPG

P1120346.JPG

P1120347.JPG

11 hours ago, Rob-Rah said:

Here's the remaining plant, with its pseudo-hibernaculum at the top, formed during the unusually hot summer, just starting to expand in the last few weeks. It's very slow so far. It looks like it would appreciate higher humidity.

Also attached is D. hamiltonii and D.bindoon as they look nice in the greenhouse at the moment.... and cos I didn't want the only photo I share to look depressing! :)

P1120345.JPG

P1120346.JPG

P1120347.JPG

Hard to tell if it's good news it's growing again or if it's more of close to death pangs!  Interesting to see how folk are getting on with this, whatever the current outcomes.

PS your other drosera look excellent although I'd  never heard of bindoon before....

Edited by Dunc

I think it's death-pangs. It's still thoroughly miserable and the stem is weak. Clearly wants something more akin to Tepui-coniditions!