Sign in to follow this  
Rob58

Hello from Suffolk

Hello Everyone

I've just joined after seeing what a great forum this is. Its a huge resource of fellow enthusiasts and information.

My name's Rob and I did keep quite a few plants some years ago but let a friend have most of my plants due to relocation and work in Spain. My other interests are gardening and breeding tortoises. Presently I live on the Essex/Suffolk border though originate from the north-east.

I like all carnivorous plants but my passion is for Sarracenia purpurea. I really am facinated and my enthusiasm started when I saw one in a nature book in 1969. Around the same time I was on holiday in north west Scotland and saw my first one growing on an island bed in a pond at Inverewe Gardens. The gardener gave me a small division and I was hooked!!!

I kep my favourite plant which was a division from Matt Soper's Burkii 'Chipola Giant'. It held pride of place in my greenhouse until my giant tortoise bulldozed down the staging and ate every scap of it!!! I still have the tortoise but not the plant. If any member has a division from this clone that they can spare to sell then I'd love to grow it again.

Looking forward to meeting other members and sharing the hobby.

Welcome to the forum, and back to the hobby. after the wait period the sales and wants section will be open to you and is the best place to ask about the specific clone your looking for. happy growing and good luck 

• Like 1

just to add Matt Soper now runs Hampshire Carnivorous Plants --> http://www.hantsflytrap.com/ he has the cultivar you're after listed but out of stock. maybe message him and see if he can let you know when available.

• Like 1

Thank you Simon for your help. I've sent an email to Hampshire Carnivorous so I'm hoping for the best.

Thank you Simon for your help. I've sent an email to Hampshire Carnivorous so I'm hoping for the best.

Thank you both for the Welcome to the forum. Enjoying all the information here and looking forward to building a collection.

Hello and welcome to the forum, looks like Simon beat me to the link to HCP's Chipola Giant. Good Luck !

• Like 1