Corky's nepenthes

corky

Hi Tony, all the above plants are grown only under T5ho flo lights with the exception of the sanguinea x ramispina , ooh I'm going to get a pic of those seedlings you kindly sent me as they are growing well for me n.sibuyanensis x burkei 20151107_124558_zpssqhe3ojr.jpg20151107_124612_zpskkok2opw.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

N.maxima 20151128_114001_zpsxoqzna1s.jpg n.veitchii20151128_111806_zpsrmtwgyv4.jpg and n.ovata uppers finally popped , like buses , wait for ages then two come along at once20151128_111245_zpsfsh3gzbj.jpg20151128_111219_zpsmtilsaww.jpg and Tony I don't think any of the hybrid seedling pitchers are bigger than 2cm , so just showing more colour than yours. You also have my word that I will give you one back if by some weird coincidence I have the only two to show colour;-)

• Like 3

You're alright Chris, i still have quite a few plants myself so they're sure to start colouring up in the Spring. I'd love to get grow lights in the greenhouse, but i don't think i can justify the additional winter running costs unless i got a job again. I checked on my seedlings the other day and my largest has had a bit of a jump in leaf size (probably due to lack of light) and it now has a 4 to 5 inch diameter. Only two 2cm green pitchers on it though.

So, i'm relying on you to keep posting your photos this winter to cheer me up. Those ovata uppers have done the trick today :good2:

• Like 1

Wow, those are stunning! Looks like you are growing them in the house, is that right? I'm bravely assuming yo don't hang pictures (as opposed to pitchers) in your greenhouse! if so, how do you keep the humidity up? Also, please can you show some picture of the overall set up, so we can see the lights. I'm really tempted to get more neps, as they seem to make good houseplants if you can get the conditions right. Yours look wonderful.

Thanks for sharing those. Any more info would be gratefully received (by me at least!)

Hi Yossu, yeah all the plants shown are grown open to my house environment , most are grown under a t5ho envirogro flo light. Only certain plants grow well and of course I only take pics of the good ones, I wouldn't suggest people follow my lead as much better results can be had by giving them better controlled conditions. Plants under the lights are in net pots on expanded clay balls (hydroponic) in a large tray in a hope to raise humidity. I will post some pics soon for you but its pretty simple and not that great. Species that seem to cope are robcantleyii, truncata , ovata , spathulata, hamata, sanguinea, boschiana , burbidgeae but all sulk and stall when conditions become unfavourable like summer hot nights

Edited by corky
  • Like 2

Hi Yossu, yeah all the plants shown are grown open to my house environment , most are grown under a t5ho envirogro flo light. Only certain plants grow well and of course I only take pics of the good ones, I wouldn't suggest people follow my lead as much better results can be had by giving them better controlled conditions. Plants under the lights are in net pots on expanded clay balls (hydroponic) in a large tray in a hope to raise humidity. I will post some pics soon for you but its pretty simple and not that great. Species that seem to cope are robcantleyii, truncata , ovata , spathulata, hamata, sanguinea, boschiana , burbidgeae but all sulk and stall when conditions become unfavourable like summer hot nights

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to see some pics when you have time. Good to hear which ones grow easily for you as well, helps me decide which to try next. Might as well start with the easy ones!

Yossu if I were to say my top three for my poor conditions they would be, 'Rebecca Soper', Be's sanguinea sold by matt soper and I think is a natural hybrid, and My n. ceciliae. These are my recommendations for putting up with my conditions but there are loads I haven't tried

Edited by corky
  • Like 1

Yossu if I were to say my top three for my poor conditions they would be, 'Rebecca Soper', Be's sanguinea sold by matt soper and I think is a natural hybrid, and My n. ceciliae. These are my recommendations for putting up with my conditions but there are loads I haven't tried

Thanks for the suggestions.

• 8 months later...

N. Truncata 20160830_165548_zpsiulye3hc.jpg n.hamata has plenty of pitchers20160830_172605_zps0aopve9w.jpg n.burkei , I thank manders for the cuttings , have three that took20160830_172912_zps7xkqs9cm.jpg and n. Robcantleyi has a flower on the way , also thanks manders that's the n. Copelandii upper in the background:-)20160830_172715_zpsixzs4vga.jpg

Edited by corky
  • Like 4