New Book

Hi All,

The book I've been working on for the past two years with Timber Press, is now nearing completion and is in the production phase. The publication date is February, and the book has been on Amazon as a pre-order for ages (someone mentioned it to me at Chelsea back in May!). It can be found here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/160469579X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0N38XG1TCX48RSW4VQ14&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

It's also on the Timber Press website here:

http://www.timberpress.com/books/carnivorous_plants/hewitt-cooper/9781604695793

It's a complete beginners guide, and I've covered most of the commonly grown species, rather than over-complicate matters, and instead gone in to lots of detail about starting off in this fascinating hobby. There are lots of practical photos of matters such as re-potting, dividing, and propagation methods, and I've based the book on the kind of questions I've been asked over the years at the flower shows.

It then covers some of the more 'intermediate' genera and species.

I've even had a written endorsement from an unexpected source which appears at the beginning!

Nigel HC

• Like 5

Thanks Richard! Can't wait to see it in the flesh, as it were, myself. Have seen a paper layout of it, but I'm hoping to have a pre-press copy by the end of the year.

Nigel HC

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's out at last! Was published a couple of weeks back and I was planning to shout about it, but BT left the entire village without phone and broadband for over two weeks!

Anyway, I have 100 copies which will be signed and numbered, via the website, or PM. If you choose PM, please message me and let me know your address, with contact number and any instructions like leave on doorstep/throw through window, etc, and the paypal address is [email protected] You can email me on this address as well.

I'm really pleased with the way that Timber Press have put it together, and they included a very special short message which I was honoured to receive whilst the book was being produced.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks in advance.

Nigel HC

• Like 5