Problems fixed for now

Andy Collins

Funny you should say that Mark, i just went to reply to our conversation we started prior to the downtime and it's gone. Luckily the email notification copies were still in my trash, so i'll start a new pm and continue where we left off.

The database may have become corrupted when the site went down, and so i don't think it was manually deleted.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy. As a software developer / web developer, I know exactly how it feels when things like this happen! It was very frustrating for us, but a huge thanks for all your hard work.

Didn't realise how much time I spent here! I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms!

Thanks again. I also lost a few posts, but will try and remember what they were.

• Like 2

Didn't realise how much time I spent here! I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms!

Thanks again. I also lost a few posts, but will try and remember what they were.

Same here,  i don't do much online (Facebook, Twitter, or any of that kind of stuff) but i was like an addict suffering withdrawal symptoms when CPUK went down :laugh1:

I know there are plenty of other alternatives out there, but they don't have the same appeal to me for some reason.

Edited by Welshy
  • Like 2

Same here,  i don't do much online (Facebook, Twitter, or any of that kind of stuff) but i was like an addict suffering withdrawal symptoms when CPUK went down :laugh1:

I know there are plenty of other alternatives out there, but they don't have the same appeal to me for some reason.

I don't do any of them, but seem to be pulled back here all the time  :laugh2:. Friendly people I guess!

I thought I was the only one feeling like a junkie with withdrawal during the time the forum was down! :laugh2:

Thanks Andy for bringing back our CPUK :give_rose:

Andy, can you tell us if we'll be getting the CPUK theme back, or did you confirm if that was the cause of the member menu not working for some people ?

I actually like this theme better! Not that there was anything wrong with the old one, but I think this is much more pleasant.

Andy, can you tell us if we'll be getting the CPUK theme back, or did you confirm if that was the cause of the member menu not working for some people ?

The menu problem on the CPUK theme was a browser issue. Worked for me on IE but stopped working on Chrome. If we upgrade to IP.Board 4.0 then the old theme wouldn't work anyway so I'm going to leave this one on and sort out what theme to use after the upgrade.