Child abuse or Child labour?

PofW_Feathers

Dear School teachers and School kids,

Many people consider this is child abuse, child labour, machines, robots, Lack of individuality…. bunch of negative things.

But if you are a school teacher or any person involved in educational activities, this is worth watching.

For other members, just for killing time….

This young British guy strives for settling into a weird country, where stores open eleven days a week, and finally he ate concrete floor. :laugh: 

Kind regards from the Far East

Edited by PofW_Feathers

I wouldn't say child abuse but it is over the top, certain things I can understand like the hygiene and gel, but the rest is unnecessary in my view.

Dinner time should be a time to switch off from education a bit, chat with friends have a little laugh.

James

children shouldnt be waited on hand and foot, it turns them into spoilt brats.

Doing this kind of thing teaches them independence and how the real world works. i.e. you dont get handed thi9ngs 0on a plate yu8 have to work for it. The sooner  they learn this the less of a shock it will be when they are turfed out of the nest.

and they love it as a break from sitting behind a desk

• Like 1

Lol, reminds me of when i lived in Japan...

:laugh:  

I hope it wasn't a worst nightmare you had ever had.

Doing this kind of thing teaches them independence and how the real world works. i.e. you dont get handed thi9ngs 0on a plate yu8 have to work for it. The sooner  they learn this the less of a shock it will be when they are turfed out of the nest.

:smile: Edited by PofW_Feathers

• 4 months later...

I always loved Japanese culture and this video just make me love it more and more. I cannot really see how this can be considered child labour or lack of individuality,this is what primary school should do. I find it useless to learn math,poetry and others in small childrens if they don't learn to respect each other,respect the environment and respect every civic aspect..this is education as it's best.

Sometimes it happens to hear that japanese are all "robots" lacking of individuality..well that's obviusly craps,i found them to be a well organized society where everybody is aware of being part of something bigger and cooperate for a common purpose..well that's the idea i got from outside:)

I really hope to visit Japan someday,nice video:)

Luca

Ps. sorry for necroposting,i just saw when this was posted

Edited by Luca B.

Dear Luca-san,

Konnichiwa!

I hope you never be bullied as a weeaboo!

I really hope to visit Japan someday,nice video:)

It sounds nice! Please add "Onsen" (hot spring) and "Ryokan"(Japanese traditional Inn) to your list.

It seems the British guy really enjoys his life in Japan.

Unfortunately I have no experience to eat such super expensive Wagyu (beef) though.

Kind regards from the Far East

• 1 month later...

YES, When I was in grade school here in the USA we had to do similar things, no smocks and teeth brushing. But clean up and help with serving was normal. I completely agree with your statement. This is what is lacking in modern US schools right now (not sure how it is in the UK), everything is done for you and the students expect this is all aspects of life....

Edited by Flip_Side_the_Pint