Returning to CPs

marcus_r

Hi all!

I've grown carnivorous plants (in their hundreds—mainly Utricularia, Sarracenia, Drosera) for 10+ years—but that's a while ago, when I still lived in Bonny Scotland. Some of you might remember me from the mad chase for Slack's Sarracenia cv. 'Lochness' which was believed to be lost.  (I found it, after more than five years, in 2005.)  

In 2008, I had to give up my large collection when I moved to the US.   :cray:

I still live in the US, but I'm frequently in the UK and in Europe.

I'm finally getting back into CPs now, although I don't think I'll be able to go as crazy again as I used to.

I was in the CP listserv back in the day. (Anyone remember that?)

think I was a member of this forum once upon a time, but if I was, my account fell prey to the Great Purge ;-) so I signed up anew.

I'm hoping to reconnect with some old friends online, and make new ones.

I've got a bunch of nice Sarracenia for a start, including some six month old Sarr seedlings I started; a handful of Mexican pings, a few Drosera and and terrestrial Utricularia, a tiny ceph, the obligatory VFT—all courtesy of old and new friends.  I love this community.  I hope it won't be too long before I can give back to it.

I'll post a grow list when there's a point to it.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Cheers,

Marcus

Oh, wow, look:  I found a trace of my previous presence on this forum, from 2005—so, from before I quit CPs for seven years!

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9119&hl=%2Bmarcus

I had forgotten about getting these plants in the benefit auction, until I just stumbled across it now.

Wow, blast from the past!    :dance4:

Edited by marcus_r
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...