Website very slow

Ron

I don't understand it, everything working fast and fine here and has been since the downtime at the beginning of September, with the sole exception being the other day as i've said.

Which makes me think it's not a problem with the CPUK host, but something like exchange server pathing problems along the web somewhere, but that's as much as i know on the subject.

As for the member menu not working, that's working perfectly fine for me too on all buttons.

I just checked in Chrome and you're right, the member menu isn't working. But in Firefox all's well.

Site hasn't gone down once for me today (or any timeouts) and everything still loading fast, so surely a pathing issue between exchanges, maybe dependent on ISP routing ?

Edited by Welshy

I've not been able to access the site at all using either my PC or iPad for several days now, I've managed to connect a couple of times via 3G on my phone but that's it. Weird thing is that even the phone won't connect if I try and run it through wifi. Bizarre...

Edited by bwdoz

Might be an idea to post your Chrome versions to compare and maybe help source the problem, has a Chrome update broke things maybe ? Not everyone updates to the latest version.

Chrome is one (of several) backup browsers i use (hey, not even Firefox is perfect) and my version is 46.0.2490.71 m, apparently up to date, and Member Menu not working.

Firefox 41.0.2 is fine.

Edited by Welshy

46.0.2490.71 m 

EDIT: I posted the Chrome version and I got an error message. From the error message the member menu worked to go to latest posts . Then it's back to normal, it doesn't work again.

Incidentally the error message must have been an error because it had already posted so it was an error to call it an error although it was in a way an error, just not the error it said there was.  :laugh1: 

Edited by FredG

I can use Tapatalk but now CPUK has vanished off Google! I tried both CPUK and carnivorous plants UK. Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

I checked Google for you using the search terms you specify -

Search term cpuk appears as the 5th result on Page 1 of Google results.

Search term carnivorous plants uk appears as the 9th result on Page 1 of Google results.

Doesn't for me :-( 

Does for me. Just tried it again now, and the forum is #5 for "cpuk"

Bear in mind that Google play around with the results, especially when testing new features, so you aren't guaranteed to see the same results as others. Plus, if you are logged in, they will take your previous browsing history into account when suggesting results (helps show things that are more likely to be what you want). Also, regional variation can make a difference, although I don't know if that would be a factor ehre as you're also in the UK.

There are of course about a million other factors to take into account, but I think these are the main ones.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does for me. Just tried it again now, and the forum is #5 for "cpuk"

Bear in mind that Google play around with the results, especially when testing new features, so you aren't guaranteed to see the same results as others. Plus, if you are logged in, they will take your previous browsing history into account when suggesting results (helps show things that are more likely to be what you want). Also, regional variation can make a difference, although I don't know if that would be a factor ehre as you're also in the UK.

There are of course about a million other factors to take into account, but I think these are the main ones.

Hope that helps.

It's come back. It'd disappeared for a while! but now it's back.