Hello and goodbye...Edit Hello again :)

Paul O'Keeffe

Hi.

I was a member here from the start of the forum many years ago (15 maybe), but over time and with some life changing issues over the years, my passion for my plants ended some time ago. I'm hoping I can join here again so as to sell my collection to someone who would like 50-60 more plants than for me just to let them die/throw etc.

I am still keen admitedly to keep 2-3 on my windowsil at home. Maybe even rejoining, I may find that passion again but I will be sellling my collection.

So Hi :)

Edited by Paul O'Keeffe

what ya selling?

paul

I'll post in the sales or wants soon. It's around 50-60 sarracenia. I couldn't tell you what they are though. Quite are few have lost labels. I have been selling them in drips and drabs on ebay but I live in London and the plants are in Margate so bringing them back and forth is becoming a ball ache :)

Hi Paul (or NOLU - that's right isn't it?)  Sorry to hear that you're selling up. I'm not entirely convinced it's ever possible to completely lose the bug, so maybe we'll see you around!

I may even have a few plants off you...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul, good to see you are still around. Haven't heard from you in years, thought you give up on the plants long ago. 

Kind of had but my family have been looking after the plants while I think what to do with them. Just can't get back in to them. It may be that I have too many away from home. Once I scale down, maybe I'll see if having just a few will do me.

I still love the plants but taking care of them in my situation is quite a chore.

Yep it's NOLU :)

I will have a list at some stage. I was going to sell the lot in one go, and may still do but someone may pop round in a few weeks to see what I have. After that, I'll make a list and pop it in the sales and wants. 

As I said above, I probably will keep a small handful. Just need to offload the majority.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

So after a few years off and a sudden urge, I've now not three plants. Just like how it started 20 odd years ago. I am now limited to my flat only and have no access to a garden or greenhouse so for now, I've got - 

Pinguicula Guatemala

Drosera capensis Narrow leaf form Sundew

Nepenthes x ventrata long tom

My only other option is a terrarium but slow and steady. Water also an issue. I'm having to buy water from Halfords. Again, no access to a good source of rain water. I could put a bucket outside when it chucks it down but I'm in South London...it could well get nicked :)

Anyhoo, lets see how I get on. I still have all my books to swot up on. Completely forgot about no tap water (which I haven't used). Gosh how it all disappears from the mind :)

• Paul O'Keeffe changed the title to Hello and goodbye...Edit Hello again :)