Sign in to follow this  
lucien01700

Venus flytrap next recording.

Hello all

Dionaea 'Rouge Laurent', plant discovered in garden by Laurent Villette
This is a cutting from the original plant owned by laurent.

sdc15119.jpg

sdc15120.jpg

sdc15118.jpg

sdc15117.jpg

• Like 1

hello, the plant is beautiful but I do not see what she special?
it's just a red dentate there are not bad with this carractéristique (trev dentate red, red shark teeth, clonef12 not counting all the other clones and hybrids ...)
I think its pointless to assign this plant!
Just add a name on a list ...
One more resembling many others ..

you agree with me or not?

(sorry Google traductor)

It may surprise you to know that I think that's a really lovely plant, whatever its real name is!!

That's a nice clone!

Still a which will make parties of the doubles of the ICPS, We do not belong any more to one near

Edited by Massacror

Guest GazCez

All flytraps are wonderful in their diversity. The quest for new dionaea forms keeps the hobby alive in my heart. Look at this form for what it is - a thing of immense beauty. A glistening red jewel of death waiting to consume the unsuspecting.

No matter what form, registered or unregistered, mutated or just good old typical, it is what it is, a flytrap pure and simple.

I've watched the popularity and decline of forms, the quest for the new and unusual, the thirst by collectors for new creations and time and time again the criticism over new forms that may or may not resemble others.

Forget that it took time and trouble to create what maybe, yes maybe (deep breath) a new form only to be dashed down by others. But hey, that's the beauty of the Forum! That we can take part in animated discussion of such things.

Lucien - keep on putting pictures of red dionaea beauties like this one on  the Forum! It's a cracking good plant and remember that!

• Like 3

Thank you very much Guest_ GazCez_ *, your speech made me warm inside.

Statement or not is a beautiful plant that was Laurent discovery

Edited by lucien01700

It is a nice plant. I don't feel it's of particular naming merit but I like it none the less.  I disagree with Massacror's post where he says it's similar to Trev's Red Dentate. Trev's teeth are far more shark-like and shorter. However, it does look like some other plants but so what? In my opinion it doesn't deserve a cultivar status but that's not to say that I wouldn't mind growing it just as a red Dionaea.

True, it is a beautiful dionaea Richard .I spoke to icps to encourage young at passion.Merci for participating.