Sign in to follow this  
petesredtraps

Provado.

I thought that it had been banned. The effects on bees memories is suspected to be not good but some people still argue this, even though it has been proven in lab trials.

I think it's just the concentrate that's been banned in the UK, as far as I'm aware you can still buy the ready mixed spray bottle. I could be wrong though as I don't live in the UK.

Didn't someone say in another thread fairly recently that one of the key chemicals had been removed/changed ? I can't find the thread in question, but i'm sure the chemical mentioned began with the letter T.

Sorry for being a bit useless but that's about all i can remember :laugh1:

I use the ready to use Provado Ultimate Bug Killer, and it contains 0.15g/l thiacloprid as a readyto use aqueous formulation.

i have some vine weevil killer2, this contains 9g/l of thiacloprid,this works fine.

• Like 2

just recently bought some provado ultimate bug killer of ebay as couldn't find it in shops near me. as Carnivine says 0.15g/l thiacloprid. wasn't aware it was banned or the problem for bees

Folks, this is a problem that just doesn't even have to exist. You just simply do not spray neo-nicotinioids on plants that are or are going to flower soon. Then it is practically impossible to poison bees. This is literally just common sense. Don't put poison on bee food. Duh!

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but Provado doesn't treat spider mites as it's not a miticide.

Provado Ultimate Bug Killer (aerosol 400 ml) is a systemic and contact insecticide suitable for use on most house and conservatory plants.  This insecticide will control many difficult indoor plant pests including red spider mite, mealy bugs, scale insects aswell as aphids and blackfly.

• Like 2

my dad doesn't know anything about carnivorous plants but when I was telling him about the dormancy he jumped up and said fungus fighter, then went in his garage and gave me a full spray bottle of it. I've been hesitant to use it because no one has mentioned it but now I'll give it a go on a few at risk plant this year.