'Rebecca Soper' Flowering

Megasoma

Hi all,

I've just got back from a 2-week holiday to find my N. 'Rebecca Soper' has sneakily thrown out a flower spike, and it looks ready to start opening soon. This is my first experience with flowering Nepenthes, and seeing as it has squat, spherical flowers and I can only find info on it being a male cultivar, I guess I'm just after a couple of tips on pollen collection (i.e. when is the best time to collect, and how do I store it safely?).

While I'm at it, when is the best time to apply pollen to female flowers, and how long are they fertile? I also noticed a female ventricosa x (lowii x veitchii) cutting with a small flower spike forming, so I'm hoping to try out some easy but unattractive home-made seed from these 2 parents.

On a related note, is anyone after any pollen of 'Rebecca Soper'? I can't imagine it being particularly in demand and I don't have a clue how fertile it'll be, but I might as well offer!

• Like 1