At last some larger ceph pitchers

corky

Very nice, I notice it has a lot of nectar around the peristome or at least it looks like it has with the reflection (I have also seen a few other recent posts with loads on).

Mine look no where near that with the nectar, any ideas?

James

Thanks for the comments, James I've got no idea why there is so much nectar, the picture does no justice, it is dripping. Cephalotus care eludes me , I don't think im doing anything new and the plant is going bonkers, the two pitchers with my thumb are actually the smallest ones ( slightly) but best for a pic as their hanging out the pot

Edited by corky

thought it might be , a larger midrib on the ' hummers giant' or at least on large pitchers? I can kind of tell if its going to be a big un as the midrib looks large even when the pitcher is in quite early development

Fabulous looking plants from the pair of you.

I never tire from photos of Cephs at there best and these two are proper lush!.

My Cephs are looking much better this year compared to last, although mine all grow outside so are nowhere near the condition of your two....

I have two Hummers from two sources but as yet no determining traits , I'm keeping them all more shaded this year in a hope for bigger pitchers.

Two of my typicals are just about to flower too, I had no flowers last year.....

That's late in the season for flowering Blocky or are flowers about to open?, pmatil the plant grew fairly slowly for the first two years, last year I allowed it to flower , and after flowering I noticed growth pic up . So this year I snipped off the flower stalk when it was tiny and have been rewarded with great growth and pitcher size , I don't really know whether this is down to not letting it flower

Edited by corky