ICPS Conference 2016, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: 5-7 August

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics by the way!. Perfect weather for it to.

This was a great day indeed. My first time to Kew and it was one to remember. Mainly as i was not aware of the event being here for the day i turned up. A great surprise it made me very excited after finding out by a lady who i quized holding a Sarracenia said i can buy plants from a few stalls. I come away with some lovely pygmies and pings to add to the collection. Hopefully there will be another day like this not so far in the future.

Edited by mark funnell
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Can't see these pictures either. I can just see individual lines saying IMG with a number then jpg.

I wanted to post some of my photos but when I have tried, the site says the files are too big to post. I used a Nikon 3200 DSLR. I believe that there is an easy way to downsize these files but I don't know how to.

I am on Windows 10, I don't know if this is the problem.

Nope - cant see the photos and I'm using firefox on Linux (not that I believe OS or browser is the issue).

David - pretty much any image manipulation software should be able to resize an image - GIMP (gimp.org) is free but there are many others available.

Does anyone on the CPS side know if/when the ICPS is releasing the videos of the lectures?  Its frustrating to be both a CPS and ICPS member and not be able to view things like this. Its 2016  - it really shouldn't be a major technical challenge to upload them somewhere.  Issues like this lose rather than encourage membership.

Hi

the conference video is going through post production editing.  The finished video will be the property of the ICPS (not the UK CPS).  I guess it will go to those who attended the conference but any wider distribution will be up to the ICPS.

cheers

Dennis Balsdon
Chair The Carnivorous Plant Society

Publication will be on the ICPS channel and will be phased out over several months after we recieve the video.

This will be a) because of limited time of a limited number of volunteers to do the job and b) because we want people to attend and not just stay home and have the video 3 months later anyway.

Also, video is rather new. Printed proceeds several months after the conference used to be the norm,