Capensis help

eph101

Hi all,

My 2 year old D. Capensis is looking a bit off in parts, of the three split plants two are flowering very well but a fair few of the leaves are decaying from the middle out (rather than from the tips). All I can think is that the flowers are draining its energy? The third plant has stopped growing at all, with no dew and has turned yellow (it has a long stalk from old growth and even some exposed roots). They definitely need re-potting, but as it's in flower and there are few plantlets popping up atm, so I don't want to disturb it yet. 

Not sure it's relevant, but the plants moved to my new greenhouse from indoors a few months ago, though my others are all doing well and are healthy in there. 

I've been interested in CPs for years, but I'm new to the forum. Though I'm only as novice so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Ed 

Thanks for the quick response. I transitioned it fairly quickly. I kept the GH cooler and more vented for the first week but changed it once everything started growing visibly faster. Would shock take a few months to kick in? The plants have been looking very healthy up until around a week ago, and my other drosera etc are doing well too.

Cheers,

Ed

I would remove it from the pot, knock of all the old compost. split them up into individual plants cut off the flower stalks. Repot the good ones and bin the manky ones. I would do it now and not worry about it flowering as this plant is a weed in most peoples collections and spreads everywhere from the numerous seeds it produces

• Like 1

It is probably just heat stress. This is a highland species and because it is so easy, people forget it still likes it rather cool at night.

It is probably just heat stress. This is a highland species and because it is so easy, people forget it still likes it rather cool at night.

I disagree about the highland. I keep mine outside in full sun and heat, and they are great. The temperature here is at the momemt 32-38 centigrate during the day, and at night around 30.

How much light do they get?

They might be light starved.

Also make sure there is enough air flow in the GH.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They get a fair amount of light, not in full sun between 11-3 when the GH is naturally shaded, but good sun both morning and late afternoon. Heat levels are around 19-28C most days and go to around 12C or so at night. There's a vented window open all day, but maybe I need to get more air in. The only odd thing for me is that my younger typical capensis and alba are doing well in the same conditions but this the older plant seems stressed.