Other Hobby's?

Guest paul y

i used to keep fish,  big marine fish tanks, reef, species tanks you name it, but life got in the way and i didn't have enough time to keep them properly.

do you sell mantids?  im sure my six year old would be fascinated by keeping one of those.

i used to keep peacock mantis shrimp, in a tank all by itself, a reinforced tank as the shrimp was a highly aggressive smasher,  aggression incarnate, it would attack anything that moved and i swear to this day it would sit there watching you from across the room just eyeing up body parts it will do its best to break.

Too many hobbies, too little time. Malawi fish, traditional Aikido (although pretty much given up), used to keep parrots/finches, developing a chemical process simulator in C#, messing about with the 4 cats... Oh and growing orchids...

• Like 1

I used to be very into tropical fishkeeping and was secretary for a society.  Time got precious though.  I used to keep orchids as a teenager for about 8 years but my father was tighter than a crab's ass and used to sneak into my greenhouse and turn the heater off in the depths of winter so eventually they all died.  I'm a professional musician these days and used to be involved with a lot of brass bands and orchestras.  I learned quite a lot of instruments growing up.  I was a church organist as well as a chorister.  Acting (and musical theatre) was also a big one for me and I was involved with so many theatre companies at any one time that I eventually gave up brass bands and orchestras.  Flower arranging to the point that I trained as a florist when I left school.  I also watched all 692 episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H, does that count as a hobby?

• Like 2

i used to keep fish,  big marine fish tanks, reef, species tanks you name it, but life got in the way and i didn't have enough time to keep them properly.

do you sell mantids?  im sure my six year old would be fascinated by keeping one of those.

i used to keep peacock mantis shrimp, in a tank all by itself, a reinforced tank as the shrimp was a highly aggressive smasher,  aggression incarnate, it would attack anything that moved and i swear to this day it would sit there watching you from across the room just eyeing up body parts it will do its best to break.

Yes we do sell them.

If you are interested email my dad at [email protected] or search for Richard Shoults on facebook

Stargazing and astronomy/astrophysics as a whole. Since I can remember I was in love with space - but not with sci-fi. It evolved, I got a telescope and my uncle frequently supplies me with books.

Then piano. I attend piano classes for 9 years and still freak out over every little recital. I used to hate piano classes until 3 years ago, now it´s something I would never give up!

I´m not really into sports but hiking and swimming is nice. 

And of course gardening. At first I tried to have a legit garden but everything but tomatoes died or didn´t prosper. So i just grow flowers and CPs.

I love reading anything about plants, my favorite books at the moment are, bulbophyllums and there allies mosses and liverworts of Britain and Ireland a field guide written and published by the British bryological society, but my all-time favorites that I have just bought are Stewart McPherson's absolutely beautiful and signed, carnivorous plants and their habitats volume one and two. I also like to muck around on the guitar when I can. When I was 8 i started to grow some bonsai and some cacti, until my little sister uprooted all my Scott's pine seedlings I had been growing for the last 3 years and also when moving out to Germany my little brother sat on my 6 prized small cacti that were on my bed ready to be packed up, he had been told five minutes earlier not to go into my room and not to go on the bed because of said jaggy plants, so served the little git right, as he killed them their last defiant gesture was to deposit hundreds of little sharp spines some long and thick some some short and extremely fine and others with hooks in the spine, he never again went snooping in my room after over an hour of mum trying to get all those spines out of his buttocks. I still keep a couple of Orchids and looking to expand my collection with some bulbophyllums.

Mark

sculpting and bronze casting.

skiing, scuba diving.

cycling.

website development

Heres my latest piece

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1444489442527554&l=1b777f88c7

Heres some of my other stuff

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1387547011555131.1073741841.100008995361630&type=1&l=b0f892f99c

• Like 1

I have a winter hobby for when it's too bleedin' cold and wet to play outdoors...

This is exquisite! I can't even.

• 2 months later...

I do lock picking, I pick the locks in a vice at my desk and video this for my channel.

I have some other houseplants, and am very much a novice gardener, mostly herbs and sometimes vegetables I try to grow.

I like to use the computer a lot, I have one Windows only computer, and one Linux only computer.

Here I pick 2 Abus Diskus locks both in either hand (so picked 4 times in total) in under 3 minute.

Here I pick a Wren Bird rim cyclinder lock ambidextrously in 1min.36seconds.

Edited by aspie.pickerr
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...