Anyone in the Edinburgh area wanting to meet up once a month

Hi I live in Edinburgh Leith and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up once a month for Carnivorous plant discussions, I'm willing to open my flat up for such meetings, tea, coffee and some nice pants to have a nosey at. Would be great to connect with local growers, enthusiast's of all levels, for monthly get togethers.

Mark

Well I wondered about doing this, as well, I would love to but we would need a few more people. I could ask around the orchid society. I live in dollar and am also willing to open greenhouse for people to come and visit! Also willing to help and to bring some plants for people to look at! Somebody from the orchid society told me that there used to be a Scottish carnivorous society, so there are bound to be a few more people interested in cp's,

Thanks

Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah I was a member of the Edinburgh Orchid society a number of years ago and went to the monthly meetings at the rgb Edinburgh and also heard there was cp society but alas no longer, I have a few friends who might be interested in coming along to meetings. I also talked to the UK cp society and they water interested in someone setting up a Scottish branch, I believe I was also told that they would check there Scottish membership.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Dear mark, think this would be a great idea!!! I'm in Fife and a keen collector of sarracenia, 14ft greenhouse of them! I would be keen to open my greenhouse for members to visit and sell/ exchange plants? a6f34a6c15dfce3bbdea8f92e3fd3306.jpg083219ce928a4e3751be4a838f6867f3.jpga071b49323a34a67e7465234b04efc2d.jpg4922ce7ca81e078ab1b6b09d7f3cd368.jpgacc58d052e5958ef890c6c2d06ca92e4.jpg167e0a14b7b92c2041f214bcf2897701.jpg069192ec40d972064852bc5adaa81d92.jpg033c3472f8e563397412f6726443d8d5.jpg

What were you thinking? Regards John

• Like 1

Wow stunning greenhouse and plants! That's two people that are willing to open there greenhouses to people, I'm willing to bring plants along to both of your places and would be happy to have it hosted anywhere, as whatever is more convenient for people to get too. I'm still in the process of getting some people who would be interested. That would be great getting around your greenhouse and do some trades, I still waiting on Dennis to get back with me, but obviously it might take a while for people to get back to him. Look forward to meeting in the future.

Mark

Dear Mark, Im just outside Cupar in Fife and would be more than happy to host a sarracenia meeting / plant viewing /talk at mine if you want? I do a talk already for the local horticultural society, The sarracenia at mine are best arround July/ Aug time as they start to die down Aug /Sept time. I could do an open morning if that would be ok? If your happy to organise things and give me a fews dates? They have also spread to my other greenhouse to !!!! 4c333683058f2feead5c5183dd825d0e.jpg6fb5af75766c2b2315ee495d7dba786d.jpg5b70e394fb19f7c06568f4183e8796e7.jpg38be20b5ee97401f79f8dace5a9beef7.jpge36ecab8c7ad2d30a65e4b02e5797b2b.jpg

Edited by Jwall
  • Like 1

I'll keep in touch and let you know as soon as I do. Would love you to do a talk and host some greenhouse meetings. Just need to get a few more people to make it worth while. If you know any people who would be interested, that would be great too.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by carni grower

How's about meeting up sometime to discuss things? Would be great to meet like minded individuals? Oliver's nepenthes look amazing! I've always tried to grow them but with no joy! What are your main interests? Could you pm me?

• Like 1

How's about meeting up sometime to discuss things? Would be great to meet like minded individuals? Oliver's nepenthes look amazing! I've always tried to grow them but with no joy! What are your main interests? Could you pm me?

That would be great to meet up for a chat! They're certainly are amazing. I grow all my nepenthes on or near windowsills along with orchids and utricularia, cephs, drosera, sarracenia, vfts and pings

Mark

Edited by carni grower

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I live in Edinburgh Leith and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up once a month for Carnivorous plant discussions, I'm willing to open my flat up for such meetings, tea, coffee and some nice pants to have a nosey at. Would be great to connect with local growers, enthusiast's of all levels, for monthly get togethers.

Mark

Some nice pants to have a nosey at?

I reckon some growers could be in for a shock !

• Like 1

Mark

Some nice pants to have a nosey at?

I reckon some growers could be in for a shock !

Sorry don't quite catch your drift?

Mark

Edited by carni grower

Hi guys

Would be intrested in this too, only starting keeping Sarracenias this year, only got

a dozen or so at the moment, but would love to see

others plants collections and maybe buying some more.Any meets please let me know.

Thanks

Keith

Hi blocky71 didn't even notice the typo, lol.

They certainly would get a shock.

Hi Keith, welcome to there hobby, great to hear your interested too, coming along will be s great way of learning some things and increase your collection.I will keep in touch and let you know of any meetings/open days asap.

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I live in Stirling during the week and Dunfermline (where my greenhouse is) at the weekends and would love to come along to chat and see other people's collections in Scotland. At the moment my plants only take up about 1/5th of the greenhouse as I just started collecting again this year after having to say goodbye to all my plants a few years back (a week of snow = electricity cut = dead collection). Has there been any advance in finding the other CPS members in Scotland?

Many thanks,

David

Hi funtofunky, yes there is some more people interested looks like things will start up in the new year, that's a shame about your collection but good your starting up again. I've some spare plants at the moment, mostly some sarrs pm me if interested. Cheers for your interest and I'll keep you up to date with what's happening.

Cheers

Mark