Ampulllaria seeds germination?

carnivorousDan

I have just purchased some N. Ampullaria seeds from a seller on ebay, i got 5 seeds which look like whitish hairs. My question is what is the best method of germinating. I see in other threads people use sphagnum moss and have success. I just wanted to know :

Do i place seeds on top or under sphagnum?

What temps should it be?

Do i put sphagnum in pot and cover with clingfilm for humidity?

What is the ideal temp that they germinate beat at?

Any info at all would be great as ive never tried nep seeds. Thanks

Dan

• Like 1

a quick search will reveal multiple threads with all the answers to your questions. I must warn you however, Lowland Nepenthes seeds have a lifespan measured in weeks, best to get on to the planting as soon as possible and hope your seeds are fresh.

Thanks peter, you have answered my wuestion already as i ask the seller when the seeds were harvested and he said last summer. I think i should send them back and let ebay know as he is selling duds basically?

Thanks

Dan

• Like 1

And a lot of patience. My nepenthes seeds started to germinate not until 4 months had passed. Even though I did the cross myself at home and the seeds were as fresh as possible.

Good luck my friendand hopefully something decent will come up!

I also buy nepenthes seeds from ebay. But. Buying fresh seeds are critical factor for high germination rate. When you buy the seeds.

First. You want to check the collected dates. Usually 2 months from collecting dates are acceptable!

Second. The more seeds you have. The more germination you will get. So. I want you to buy several pods of nepenthes seeds at once for making sure !

Third. It is not required. But. I recommend you germinate seeds on live sphagnum moss. Which will produce natural fungicide constantly.

Good luck to ur attempting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk