D. anglica, D. rotundifolia etc. from Sweden

Hi,

Recently I visited a site here in Sweden and took some photos. There were also a few P. vulgaris, but I couldn't find them when I had the camera with me.

DSC_anglica.jpgDSC_rotundifolia.jpg

D. anglica and D. rotundifolia.

DSC_obovata.jpgDSC_maculata1.jpgDSC_maculata2.jpg

the hybrid between the two above D. x obovata and two colour forms of the orchid Dactylorhiza maculata (I think).

Regards,

Christer

Thanks all.

Bob, yes its a digital, Nikon D70 with the 60/2.8 Micro-Nikkor lens.

Here, in the middle of Sweden on the east coast, spagnum bogs are rather plentyful so there's no problem finding suitable habitats for CP's. After that it's all about keeping your eyes on the ground. As you can see the intense colours on the D. anglica really makes them stand out. I've also found some Utricularias in another place, but unforunately I haven't seen any flowers yet.

Carl, some species (D. anglica, D. rotundifolia, P. vulgaris and a couple of Utricularis) can be found more or less all over Sweden, while others like P. alpina and P.villosa has a restricted distribution.

Regards,

Christer

Christer,

That's an expensive peace of kit :wink:.

Very nice images though, just read the review on www.dpreview.com and it's "Highly recommended" 8) I'm setting a side some €€ for future replacement of my analog SLR-camera!!

I'd have to agree with most of the comments, the red is just stunning and exploding of your screen, set in front of the green's of the grasses.

The D70 will set one back over £1,000. My uncle showed me his one last week. He really impressed me with that and them proceeded by taking out another Nikon which the body alone cost him over £2,300 for a 35mm film one..! Some people have got money to burn on good cameras!

• 1 year later...
I wonder what form of D. anglica those are. The color is awesome! I want some! They kinda grow like D. linearis too, well to me anyways.
Great photos Christer. I particularly like the beautiful red colouration of the Drosera anglica.

Better late, than never:) Great photos Christerb, beautiful plants and orchids. Yes it is Dactylorhiza maculata, both. D. anglica, intermedia and rotundifolia can be very red. They just need much, much sun light! D. rotundifolia, which grows on sand (in my near neighbourhood) are red, but these which grows in Sphagnum are green. All D. intermedia I found in nature were beautiful red. I have short film from one bog. If anyone want it I can send it. I have D. rotundifolia, and I must make one with D. intermedia.