Sign in to follow this  
SteveH9

Planting CPs in a stream

Would it be ok to plant Darlingtonia or any CP in a slow running stream fed from a large fish pond the water has been through a biological filter before going into the stream or would the fish waste ie poo be to much nutrient in the water for the CPs.

Is it an artificial stream or natural? If it's natural you should only plant cps that are native to your locality and that includes genetically. After all we don't want to pollute the environment with aliens do we   if it's an artificial stream in your garden that ends in there then try some and see how it goes

Edited by FredG
  • Like 1

Depending on the size and quantity of fish, I'd think that the nitrates could be too much, however I know that Darlingtonia has been shown to be tolerant of dissolved minerals, so it might be ok . 

As Fred said, give it a go and see what happens!

Might be a bit misleading that post as the plants will not be in the stream I am going to try and create a bog with the water of the stream the stream is artificial in my garden so no danger there .thanks for the advice