What's Your Favorite Nepenthes Species Or Hybrid?

Nepenthes Lowii

My favorite Nephentes is the one I can exchange for some Utricularia or Sarracenia.  :laugh2:  But seriously it's N.vogelii and for sure N.edwardsiana but so far too expensive for me.

Btw that was post Nr 1000 :chiffa:

Edited by fischermans
  • Like 1

Bicalcarata. It is a monster of a plant and produces some very pretty pitchers. Second would be albomarginata. It is very unique in that it evolved strictly to eat termites and even produces the white band around the lip that is only there to attract termites.

• Like 1

The white ventricosa is a great choice , really hard long lasting pitchers , and I've always liked the shape of its pitchers

I have to admit that they do look like something designed by Armitage Shanks. I'm still going to get one.

ventricosa is an unusual and underrated nepenthes in my opinion, yet so very common. Too common to be cool, maybe ?

I agree totally, its one of the nicest Nepenthes, collectors just love the rare and unusual though.

Remember how cool Pasian truncatas used to be...

• Like 1

My 'favorites' rankings change everytime a new pitcher is produced. Sometimes a lower pitcher is blah but then when the uppers come in.. wow!.  And then, a lot of my newer neps are still babies... For now, my favorite nepenthes

Favorite lower pitchers : Nepenthes rafflesiana x trusmadiensis (EP)(the teeth! the teeth!)

Favorite uppers            : Nepenths  globosa x rafflesiana (red morph and White form)

• Like 1

I agree totally, its one of the nicest Nepenthes, collectors just love the rare and unusual though.

Remember how cool Pasian truncatas used to be...

Have you seen this ventricosa Mark ?

DSCN8209_zpssoahactv.jpg

Photo credit : Ayi

Full thread here > http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/thread/13211/killer-ventricosa

Do you have any thoughts ? The mottling reminds me more of burkei than ventricosa. Whether it's a hybrid or not, it's still a stunning plant and i want one !!! :biggrin:

• Like 2