a work in progress

Hi guys , I have owned a greenhouse at every house I have lived in but for the last 5 years I have been without so this weekend I decided to start building anew one it is around 8 ft x 6 ft and is built using wood destined for the fire , up to now it has cost me about a fiver in screws , still a long way to go until it is ready for plants but I'm pleased with it so far

DSC_0105_zpsbjc8k7tx.jpg

• Like 6

Dammit Ada, i was going to say that !

Can't fault it at all bugmuncher, nice looking work. Can i ask what the gap is for in the top cross member ? Is it a design feature, and if so, what for ? Or is it just one of those annoying perks of "not quite having enough recycled timber for the job" ? :laugh1:

Looking forward to further updates :good2:

Thanks guys. I knew someone would spot the gap :on_the_quiet: I wish I could say it was a design feature but unfortunately I didn't have a  piece of wood long enough ,my brother in law builds portable buildings and he is allowed to take home the offcuts for his fire so im waiting for my next delivery before i can crack on 

nice work bugmuncher, and first time I've come across a fellow forum member from Hull.

I will update as I make progress, my brother in law is struggling to get any decent pieces of wood at the moment so I might have to buy some this weekend.

Hi Simon B where in hull are you? I'm near withernsea in a village called winestead , you probably pass my house if you ever go to withernsea

Dave

hi bugmuncher it's been a while since I've been to withernsea but have passed winestead before. i'm in east hull just off holderness road..

Edited by Simon B

That's gonna be the nuts once finished bug!.

All the better that it's from Freebies!, although I guess you'll get roped into a favour or two !.

I'm currently trying to source some wood for a plant project and even ebay recycled offcuts fetch a good price so you've done blinding there mate.

I bet you have a glazier in the family too don't ya !

Thanks blocky71 , no glazier in the family but I did get a load of glass from a rotten greenhouse my mate was getting rid of. The greenhouse is in an area of the garden the kids like to play in so the bottom panes are going to be perspex which the father in law gets me from work