should this Dionaea be split

Shoultsy11

Sounds like a good competition this.... I'm going to guess at 15 plants....

Piece of cake repotting mate, tip current plant upside down over a tray or newspaper etc, gently break away the soil between your thumbs, try and preserve any roots.

The rhizome/bulb should be easily accessed then it's just a case of separating all the loose bulbs and plants.

I've just done all mine, some clones seem to just stay as one main bulb that gets bigger each year, with maybe a couple of divisions, others seem to split down into loads of smaller plants.

Guess you won't know till you unpot but make sure you have enough soil for about 10 pots I reckon !

Good luck

Blocky

OK then must buy more compost only have enough for one pot (if that) thanks everyone for helpingI love carnivorous plants

Does anyone know what species it is? I think Its a cloneI love carnivorous plants

As for what clone it is, if it isn't labelled as a particular clone then it's just a " typical " in most people's opinion. I can't see anything standing out apart from it has a bit of an " upright" nature.

If you don't have the soil and you don't have a need to split the plant up then just leave as is mate.