Welshy's Nepenthes

North West Neps

I've had it confirmed now that it's BE3481. I prefer your clone to be honest !

Thanks for letting me know, then it is a sibling to mine. Hopefully yours will grow quicker, mine has been quite slow. I did pot it together with burbidgeae x platychila to save space, maybe it is time to separate them.

Regards,

Christer

Very nice, great colors on them pitchers!

I didn't even know that the Kinabalu form was in cultivation.

Regards,

Christer

According to my notes following an email conversation with the seller just a few weeks ago, it's a single clone, seed from Kinabalu, and grown in vitro in his own lab.

If that's true or not, i wouldn't have a clue.

Your N. vogelii x maxima looks a pure vogelii to me, are you sure it's an hybrid ? :P

Gabin, maybe it would be better to ask the person who posted below you, i bought it from him :laugh1:

It's supposed to be 3548 but i guess it's way to early to tell yet. I'll be keeping an eye on it, and i'll post side by side comparison shots with my own vogelli in the near future for us to check out.

The only difference i can really see at this early stage, is my vogelli has a flatter more horizontal peristome, whereas this hybrid's peristome arches up towards the lid more, ala maxima i suppose.

Just looked back and I must of missed before, that spectabilis x jacquelineae is astonishing!! How big is the plant? And do you have the BE(?) code? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Oliver, i really like it too. I've had it since October 2014 and its leaf span is now about 16cm in diameter (with tendrils about 25cm). The pitcher in that shot is only about 1.5 inches high and i would say it's a moderately fast grower in my intermediate/highland conditions. It's 3549 by the way, go get one :wink:

Do you have any comments on what Gabin says ?

Ill need to check with mine to see if that is the one I'v got. In terms of Maxima x vogelii, could well be, Borneo exotics have messed 1 or 2 hybrids and species up in the past. But I believe that it is maxima x vogelii, it is far far more vigorous, than my vogelii anyway. It definetialy takes almost all vogelii and not much maxima except for its vigour. I originally ordered, a lot more of this hybrid but BE said that they didn't have enough of the true hybrid and that the plants had not turned out to be what they are supposed to be. But the ones I was sent were guaranteed that they were the real thing. I will contact BE to ask what the plants that they didn't send me actually were.

Thanks

Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmmm, that's an interesting story Oliver, please keep me posted if you find anything out.

My vogelli is apparently seed grown by a Polish grower, it's not the BE clone as far as i'm aware. But i'd agree this new hybrid(?) is far more vigorous, i've had my vogelli 9 months and it's still only putting out 5cm pitchers, each one a very small increase over the previous. As i've said already, this new hybrid(?) put out a 8cm pitcher at first attempt, so i'm looking forward to the next one.

The pitcher in that shot is only about 1.5 inches high...

I dunno what i was thinking when i typed that, i've just dug it out of the sphagnum and it's more like 3.25 inches.

gallery_8151_931_167739.jpg

Whilst i had the camera out, i just had to snap a shot of the latest spathulata x glabrata pitcher. You know how i'm always harping on about my plants still being young and small, well..........

gallery_8151_931_205752.jpg

It's currently 6 inches tall, and it feels good to finally start being able to handle my plants and examine them closer :smile:

• Like 5

I love it! Giant glabrata!! As you know I love glabrata! I think mine is different to yours, yours are more squat, I prefer it! (However I still love mine). I wish there was more glabrata hybrids, they are all so beautiful. But there used to be so few burbidgeae hybrids,now there are tons. So fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gabin.

We're having a pretty lousy Summer here in the UK with dark grey skies and loads of rain the past few weeks with hardly any sun. Things seem to have slowed down a bit in my greenhouse as a result, but here are some of the latest shots...

gallery_8151_931_178590.jpg  gallery_8151_931_201748.jpg

gallery_8151_931_95716.jpg  gallery_8151_931_186684.jpg

gallery_8151_931_33665.jpg  gallery_8151_931_77995.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers James :laugh1:

I have a lot of spare time on my hands so regular updates gives me something to do and eases the boredom for a while. But if my regular photo updates help someone somewhere possibly ID their unknown young plant in the future, then i don't see it as me spamming the forum, more a case of creating a little archive of a particular species or hybrids development from very young to (hopefully) maturity.

• Like 3

And now on Channel CPUKtv we have a special Sunday omnibus edition, specially for James :laugh1:

gallery_8151_931_185223.jpg  gallery_8151_931_191394.jpg

gallery_8151_931_245932.jpg  gallery_8151_931_99269.jpg

gallery_8151_931_179445.jpg  gallery_8151_931_104081.jpg

gallery_8151_931_83803.jpg  gallery_8151_931_66600.jpg

gallery_8151_931_136223.jpg  gallery_8151_931_134286.jpg

I'm not entrirely convinced that the last one, spathulata x talangensis, is what it claims to be. I can't help thinking it looks more like spathulata x campanulata at the moment ! By the way, the wings haven't grown that way, the pitcher probably suffered some insect damage at an early stage in development.

Anyone have any idea if it really is spathulata x talangensis, google image search apears to be seriously lacking photos of this hybrid ?

• Like 1