Hello from South Yorkshire

Jaicen

Hi Everyone!

I'm a long time fan of CP's, I previously kept a large number but drifted away following the birth of my first boy. I got back into CP's when I decided to get some for my office window. Not an ideal position, but I'm hoping to make it work.

Now I'm looking to re-start a small collection of temperate species in an outdoor bog, and a small number of windowsill plants at home and the office.
If anyone has any advice for species that do well on a bright, but not south facing window, and don't need very high humidity, I'd appreciate any tips.

Welcome to the forums. Whereabouts are you in Yorkshire?

I've managed to grow Nepenthes, Cephalotus and VFTs on a non-south facing window. Granted, they didn't thrive, but they grew!

Hi Jaicen and welcome to the forum, good to see another person from Yorkshire on the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I'm actually located in Sheffield as well!

Previously when I was growing I was living in the Midlands and had access to a south facing garden and windows.

At the minute, i'm planning to grow a Cephalotus  as I believe that it tolerates a bit of shade, and also some pings and Drosera at my windowsill.

Would you guys have any recommendations for species that would do well in partially shaded conditions?

I've previously had good success indoors with P. Lusitanica, but it's finding hard to track down. For the Drosera, I've got Spatulata, any other recommendations?

We're like weeds it seems!

Do any of you Sheffielders have tips for finding local wild plants?

I've not had much success. 

Edit: thanks for the tips guys, I'll look into the Mexicans. Is it worth posting in the Ping subsection?

Edited by Jaicen