Goldie

mattynatureboy44

I was sceptical about this plant as to how gold/yellow it would be. Received a small division last year and potted it up it just did nothing and stayed green - I am quite impressed with it this year, it stands out and my eyes are drawn to it when in the greenhouse, I have to say I do rather like it!

17616788951_485b66bc47_z.jpgIMG_20150513_151914161 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

17429176060_70ff827631_z.jpgIMG_20150513_151846510 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

17429181640_3e4b7685b5_z.jpgIMG_20150513_151835232_HDR by matthew hutley, on Flickr

17614379222_bced63afd3_z.jpgIMG_20150513_151902196_HDR by matthew hutley, on Flickr

• Like 4

Nice looking plant mate.

I'm a bit gutted though to see how well your plants are coming on.....

All mine are outside now due to a house move and are only just starting to put out new growth....

Oh how I miss my greenhouse........

• Like 1

Matt, mine was just the same,did nowt last year,just looked like and ordinary plant.

This year its starting to stand out already,but yours are in front of mine.

looking good mate

it is odd to see the veining as the little piece I kept with two small plants on are pure yellow and the rest of the plants are pale yellow and often they can almost bleach white.

I was starting to figure it only veined up with Italian sun or something.

I am glad it has sorted itself out.

• 3 weeks later...

I find that "goldie" is only Spectacular" in a crowd

you need the contrast to see the Gold

And this is the guy that blames other people for infecting his plants?????

ada

Yes, and in my haste to spray them, I picked up the wrong damn spray gun.

It is unfortunate that people who dont fully know the situation feel the need to get involved. Let the buyer and seller deal with it between themselves.

Have you got any pi

After all is said and done I have noticed today that two of my larger older plants have indeed veined up for the first time.

Have you got any pics Ian?  I am very happy with how mine looks it's a nice plant! I don't know if there is a different plant that has no veining no matter what the conditions?

I WOULD but you keep posting on here,forgetting to water YOUR FAULT

SPRAYING WITH WEEDKILLER YOUR FAULT

WE all make mistakes, some more than others it seems.

Ceri and Gary are good honest growers,who have grown and sold plants for many years,longer than you have had cp.s

you were very quick to blame them,now they have left the forum.

How does it feel to be made aware of your own mistakes in a public place? not very nice?

Think how they feel.

sorry for hyjacking this thread but but had to be said, form your own conclusions people.

ada

• Like 3

Have you got any pi

Have you got any pics Ian?  I am very happy with how mine looks it's a nice plant! I don't know if there is a different plant that has no veining no matter what the conditions?

I really do think all the goldie are the same clone as they are showing veining for the first time in years and all of mine came from the same place.

The division you had off me has veined up for you the small piece of rhizome I retained are very goldie with no veins yet.

I will get some pics tomorrow of all of them.

I WOULD but you keep posting on here,forgetting to water YOUR FAULT

SPRAYING WITH WEEDKILLER YOUR FAULT

WE all make mistakes, some more than others it seems.

Ceri and Gary are good honest growers,who have grown and sold plants for many years,longer than you have had cp.s

you were very quick to blame them,now they have left the forum.

How does it feel to be made aware of your own mistakes in a public place? not very nice?

Think how they feel.

sorry for hyjacking this thread but but had to be said, form your own conclusions people.

ada

I will deal with this by way of private messaging as I dont think its right to keep bringing this up on other peoples threads. Just one thing though, I'm 45 years old and I'm not sure how you know just how many years I've ben growing cp's for?