Where to get Nepenthes Eymae

Nepenthes Lowii

The problem with these photos is people only post the most interesting ones, unless we can see a whole bunch of plants in the wild we are either guessing or relying on second or even third hand opinion.

That is factually untrue. The authors did review all the type specimens they could. The shapes of the pitchers is in fact first hand information.

Well here's my pitcher open at last, looks similar to manders, not quite as fat....

image.jpg3_zpsjoarphqb.jpg

This pitcher is not urceolate, and very likely not a good example of N. eymae.

I have a lower, but I don't know if it is the real thing I was sold it as n.eymae certainly doesn't look like maxima and the leaves have a very unique shape. 5e8b359ccc3a478059a375458bb7356a.jpg Sorry about the photo only one I have, I'm on holiday. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... I have no idea what that is... I'm not sure its even related maxima or eymae. The elements of the winds looks rather unusual too.

That is factually untrue. The authors did review all the type specimens they could. The shapes of the pitchers is in fact first hand information.

Who mentioned type specimens? i was talking about photos of a variety of plants in the wild.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who mentioned type specimens? i was talking about photos of a variety of plants in the wild.

It is not an easy to place to get to. Hence, the lack of photos. I want to see photos of the types myself! It would be nice if these plants were scanned and uploaded to a sort of Herbarium Wiki.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought my N eymae (or what ever it really is) hoping it would form upper pitchers like this one from Wistuba's website:

unbenannt10.jpg

This is very different to the image Gareth just posted.

I am getting less and less certain of what a real eymae looks like.

Does anyone have a copy of Stewart McPherson's "Field Guide to the Pitcher Plants of Sulawesi"?

What do the pictures of N eymae look like in this book? I've found this image on the Redfern Natural history website:

Field-Guide-to-the-Pitcher-Plants-of-Sul

It looks a bit like the one on Wistuba's website. But I'm not 100% sure it is an image of N eymae. It isn't labelled on the website.

Edited by nicmanism