Method of germinating drosera and pings?

carnivorousDan

I have just received my seeds from Jakub Štěpán and am looking on starting them straight away. Any suggestions on the most successful way of germinating the seeds below-

Drosera burmanni

Drosera capensis

Drosera spataulata

P.Vulgaris

I read for the drosera it is best to use soaking peat moss with cling film over at around 22degrees

For the P.Vulgaris am i best to germinate the same way as leaf pulling?

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

You can even try germinating in just a glass of water, according to some people is even better, because you can , after a couple of weeks, take just the seeds germinated and repot them on the soil 
By the way, the method you described is fine too :) 

The three Drosera should germinate readily just placed on the growing medium. As for P. Vulgaris, I believe a period of cold stratification is required before germination occurs.

Just to show how hardy and weedy the capensis can be - I probably had some seeds mix in when preparing the soil mix for a mini-bog in a glass container.

Some seeds germinated in pockets of air more them an inch deep.

capensis-in-soil.jpg

• Like 1

The three Drosera should germinate readily just placed on the growing medium. As for P. Vulgaris, I believe a period of cold stratification is required before germination occurs.

Yes i have read this,do they just go in my fridge i n bag they are in or do i need to do something else?

Thanks

A quote from the ICPS website;

The method that uses the least space in the refrigerator is to place the seeds in a small plastic bag with a few large pinches of damp peat. Keep the seed in coldest part of the refrigerator for 8 to 12 weeks.