Cultivating Carnivorous Plants Published!

Cultivating_Carnivor_Cover_for_Kindle.jp

Hey Everyone!

This is a few weeks late, but I'm happy to announce that my guide to growing carnivorous plants, Cultivating Carnivorous Plants, has been published! I tried to make my book more comprehensive than anything else out there. To that end, I included full chapters on a number of genera commonly glossed over in growing guides for carnivorous plants. I also added in tables at the end of chapters which include lists of all known species and important information about growing them. 

In total, Cultivating Carnivorous Plants includes growing guides and information chapters on: Aldrovanda, Brocchinia, Catopsis, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea, Drosera, Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes, Pinguicula, Roridula, Sarracenia, Triphyophyllum, and Utricularia. I was very happy with the end result and just wanted to share the news.

Thanks!
Natch

Would you say it was better than savage garden.looking to get a book this week.thanks

Yes. :)

I guess that's not really for me to answer, however. I can tell you about the differences - Cultivating Carnivorous Plants was designed to take the best elements from every carnivorous plant book I could get my hands on (and some non-carnivorous plant books) and improve upon those elements. To that end, you'll see short growing guides for each subgroup within a genus supplemented by detailed discussion of some common plants and tables following chapters that provide even more information. For example, want to know about Pinguicula chilensis? It's from Chile and Argentina, and I'd treat it as a "subtemperate" species. Oh, and by the way, it commonly grows in "damp, peaty meadows or the edges of pool and

lakes formed by melt water from glaciers in the south Andean highlands at altitudes from 3,280 -7,218 ft. (1,000 - 2,200 m)." That's information you're not gonna find in the Savage Garden.

I also tried to provide detailed chapters about genera, such as Roridula, which aren't discussed at length in many other books. I really wanted to include those genera because many growers - especially slightly advanced growers - are starting to branch out and starting to try more than the common species. 

And, of course, I also incorporated the latest scientific research when discussing the status of a species. And, I also described a few new cultivars as well as clarified the status of a few plants.

There's more, but that's what I can come up with right before dinner.

Yes. :)

I guess that's not really for me to answer, however. I can tell you about the differences - Cultivating Carnivorous Plants was designed to take the best elements from every carnivorous plant book I could get my hands on (and some non-carnivorous plant books) and improve upon those elements. To that end, you'll see short growing guides for each subgroup within a genus supplemented by detailed discussion of some common plants and tables following chapters that provide even more information. For example, want to know about Pinguicula chilensis? It's from Chile and Argentina, and I'd treat it as a "subtemperate" species. Oh, and by the way, it commonly grows in "damp, peaty meadows or the edges of pool and

lakes formed by melt water from glaciers in the south Andean highlands at altitudes from 3,280 -7,218 ft. (1,000 - 2,200 m)." That's information you're not gonna find in the Savage Garden.

I also tried to provide detailed chapters about genera, such as Roridula, which aren't discussed at length in many other books. I really wanted to include those genera because many growers - especially slightly advanced growers - are starting to branch out and starting to try more than the common species.

And, of course, I also incorporated the latest scientific research when discussing the status of a species. And, I also described a few new cultivars as well as clarified the status of a few plants.

There's more, but that's what I can come up with right before dinner.

Sounds good mate i will give it a try this week an make an order.thanks

• Like 1