Hideous VFT

KeithS

Hi all

Since coming back into this hobby after a good few years, I must say there are some

real hideous looking vft out there. I know it is a matter of personal taste but more than

a few should have been put on the compost heap.

Keith

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm intrigued as to what you would consider a monstrosity. I personally love the wacky traps/bart simpson - I think that other people may hate it! I'm not sure what you meant by 'been wheel spun on'. If you're referring to colour insist the traps - that one thing I love. Just my opinion though!!!

Ooh don't know if I should but by wheel spun on I mean the really freaky unnatural tc screw ups, but that's my opinion and each to their own . I personally love to grow plants that occur naturally in what to me are far flung locations and don't like what I consider ugly mutations . But we all have our own opinions and I hope I don't offend too many people but that's mine

• 1 month later...

I know I've said this before, so I'm beginning to sound like a broken record: but if the plant becomes deformed in any way why does it make it immediately desirable to VFT enthusiasts, who are willing to part with ludicrous amounts of money for it? Some of them are simply hideous, and wouldn't have survived the compost heap if they had been grown in my greenhouse. The majority of the registered "cultivars" all look the same as the typical ones I've paid 3 quid for at B&Q. And when they're so deformed they can't even catch prey, then they can no longer be considered carnivorous. Personally I like my plants to attract, catch, kill and digest insects.

• Like 2