Hi from Australia

lesthegringo

Hi guys, just joined this forum despite being a lover of and grower of CP's for most of my life. I'm a brit living in Melbourne, and have a collection of mainly Nepenthes and Sarracenias in my greenhouse.

The availability of plants here is not as extensive as in Europe and the US, but I've used a couple of 'local' suppliers (namely Exotica Plants and Borneo Exotics) and have been very happy with the Nepenthes plants they have sold me. They are relatively recent purchases, as I have not been here long, but soon hope to brighten up this site with pictures.

Hope I can be of help to you guys, I know that I will learn loads from you all!

Les

Triffid park in Victoria have a huge selection of sarracenia, here in Au we also have exotica plants (as you know), primal plants, captive exotics and various societies you could join to hel build the collection

• Like 1

will do Neil - once I work out how to post pictures!

thanks Adelae, I'm hoping to contribute to the local CP community. One thing I have never done is grow Nepenthes from seed and this is something I hope to do while here. With any luck I'll have some female plants amongst my neps, and even if I don't, I will be making the pollen available when the flowers eventually show themselves, ditto with the sarracenia seeds

cheers

Les

• 2 weeks later...