Drosophyllum tips for seedlings...

KEPBEPOS

Hi every one  , before two weeks i sowed some seeds and now i have some growth I had tried before to grow this unique plant without any success...so i need your lights....

1)How many moisture should i have for this growth?(i have already 100%)

2)How many time should i keep it in moisture?

3)When should I replant it?

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0890.jpg

IMAG0894.jpg
Edited by panmaroy

when I grew these from seed I kept them just moist, not as wet as my other CP's. I sowed the seeds in peat pots so that the seedling pot could be potted up straight into a bigger pot when the time came. My understanding is that they dislike having their roots disturbed but can maybe tolerate it when very young seedlings. Here in the UK I found that my plants grew better outdoors during the growing season as there they had a plentiful supply of bugs.

I sowed mine in 70% perlite with just a little peat. They should be just damp at the soil surface never wet. I grew them outdoors all winter with no problems but did protect them from the worst of the rain. I found if theyre too warm and too humid they get very leggy.

Thanks for very helpful information i just replant them due to their roots getting longer day by day very fast i put them in 9cm pots 50% sand 20%perlite and 30% peat moss  and i reduce the moisture to 60-70 % I hope whith little luck to success that time!

http://s30.postimg.org/dzeliplpd/IMAG0895.jpg

I put the peat pots into 20cm pots when the plant had filled the peat pot.  They do grow quite large so I hope your 9cm pots will be large enough. Good luck.

Edited by Gaz

• 1 month later...

Hi i have some updates.... should I keep them inside under artificial light 60% moisture or should I put them outside in shaded place ? I am asking due to the other two in the same size one of the leaves of each one dried , the pots are 7x7 cm size and the plants 4-5 cm wide.IMAG0952.jpgIMAG0953.jpg