No roots !

Rafle

Guest Olivermurray7373

Ohh no I know exactly what plant it is and I was very close to buying it! Best of luck with it! Ohh yea and the vogelii I bought with them also had no roots but is growing fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Olivermurray7373

Hello ! Let me give You some news about my nepenthes hamata. So it seems to grow well for the moment and it grows fast . I still have it inside a plastic bag during the day. I think i will put the plastic bag away in 1 or 2 weeks . I will continue to give some news !!

• Like 1

This isn't the first time I've seen Nepenthes without roots. Some of these species are from what are called "cloud forests". It isn't that the seller has removed the roots, it is that the plant currently doesn't feel like growing any.

I'm not sure how the plants get confused like this, but I've only seen N. hamata and N. lowii do this. There is very little material of N. hamata in cultivation and it might not be the best material for cultivation, but that is literally all there is, so based on rarity it is expensive.

Plants can and do recover from this shape all the time, they can also die, so I would say the seller should have been more forthcoming with information about the plant's condition. However, it may indeed be worth the price you paid.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...