New to carnivorous plants

Hello I'm new to the forum my name is daniel better known as danny. Iv kept some vft before in the past and have just purchased 4 different plants of ebay. They are

1) Dionaea muscipula - Venus flytrap

2) Drosera capensis - Cape sundew plant

3) Sarracenia purpurea - North American purple pitcher plant

These three plants were bought part of a collection and are all in 6cm pots (pics below)

The 4th plant is a - NEPENTHES VENTRICOSA x TALANGENSIS (Highland tropical pitcher) and is planted in a 9cm pot. They didn't really come with care sheets and didn't get much info on them.

( i have just now found out my other plant came which is a Drosera capillaris x intermedia. It come bare rooted and have just potted it into a 2" pot and added into my propagator on my kitchen windowsill

I have done some research but found a lot of different information, i have a few questions for the experts?

1. Would i be able to plant all of these plants in one long pot that hangs of my balcony as i live in a flat on a south facing wall?

2. I have them all in a propagator on my south facing window is this ok?

3. I have some t5 lights blue spectrum bulbs and purple, could i put these plants under the t5 now until summer? If so how long for?

4. If there any specific demands of either of these plants?

5. I bought some irish moss peat from the same supplier as the plants, i was advised not to pot on until summer is this correct?

I will leave it there for now, i do have a lot of questions as i am fascinated with carnivorous plants and am always wanting to learn about the different species.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Danny

Guest Olivermurray7373

Don't put the nepenthes in the same container as the rest. I personally know absolutely nothing about sarincenia so I can't help you there. But as far as nepenthes go, there are lots of great websites with good care sheets.

Flytrapcare.com have a good new one. Also south in my opinion is a bit of a risk in the summer. For nepenthes as long as they are not cold, they are kept humid and not to wet they will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Danny,

As Oliver said, it's not advised to plant them all together. You can plant the Sarracenia together in a pot certainly and they will grow outside if you wish. VFTs have never grown well for me outside, only when in a greenhouse. The Sarracenia don't need to be in a propagator, they will likely be more prone to rot. You won't need t4 lights on any of the plants if they are in a sunny south facing window. Purchasing a CP care book would be a great investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice,i have taken the nepanthes and pitcher plant out of the prop now.

Would i be ok to plant the pitcher plant outside now or should i wait till summer? I will get some images uploaded but im not sure how to??

Thanks for the welcome and help

Edited by carnivorousDan