Scarlet Belle Pitcher dead?

I've had it for about 3 years.  I live in the South East of England.  This year I forgot to bring it in over winter.  It died back, is it dead or just dormant?  Thanks in advance for any help.

A picture would speak a thousand words.This winter has been very mild in the Midlands don't know about your area. I don't know if that particular plant is very sensitive to cold temps but doubt its been cold enough to kill it

I don't have one myself but I would have thought it should be OK as the winter hasn't been that bad. Is the growth point green or has it gone completely brown? If green then probably alive, if brown then not so good. Time will tell. If you can get one a photo would help with diagnosis

Best of luck.

From your photo those pitchers are well and truely dead. However, you need to remove all the dead and see the condition of the rhizome. Then we'll need another photo.

Agreed, unfortunately your plant appears to be fit for the composter. But as Fred says, tug off the pitcher leaves to expose the rhizome of the plant. You'll expose the woody rhizome. If you scratch into the rhizome there may be some signs of life - it will appear white inside. If all of the rhizome is brown then the plant is confirmed as deceased. Rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk