Sign in to follow this  
Maiden

What are you listening to right now?

I really like to listen music when i surf the internet. Im pretty sure you are like me..

Here is a thread to share what you are listening to right now :-)

I will start the thing!

Ozzy Osbourne - Paranoid (Live at Budokan DVD) HD: http://youtu.be/XxrahFEsMHo

Ouroboros:

Edited by Dave Evans

Heh heh, it's always amused me how most metal intros tend to be longer than an entire song by some of the punk bands i used to listen to in my teens :laugh1:

These days i tend to smoke too much and listen to stuff like this...

• Like 1

Heh heh, it's always amused me how most metal intros tend to be longer than an entire song by some of the punk bands i used to listen to in my teens

What even funnier is Slayer was inspired by Punk Music which is why they mixed Punk, Thrash and Speed into one band.

Recognize anything?

What even funnier is Slayer was inspired by Punk Music which is why they mixed Punk, Thrash and Speed into one band.

Recognize anything?

But i thought all speed metal bands were influenced by punk ? :wink:

I didn't recognise any covers on that Slayer album (if that's what you meant ?). I wasn't listening to American punk bands back in the 80's, except for Minor

Threat, i was more into the UK & Europe "anarcho" scene.

So time for a blast from the past........ Anyone else claim to have an 83 track album in their collection ? :laugh1:

Sweden shreds !

But i thought all speed metal bands were influenced by punk?

Sort of, but speed metal and punk are basically opposite sides of rock. In speed metal the more complicated the riff, the better. While punk rockers basically use the guitar like an exra buzzy sounding bass. However, I feel bother of these genera are too stuck maintaining "their sound" instead of being good musicians which is why I listen to Thrash. These guys can play any kind of music and you'll hear influences in their music from around the world.

Checkout the first two songs from Grip Inc. The first one a weird Latin sounding Fruity Loops track and the second is about the ocean coming to life and taking revenge on polluting humans.

I didn't recognise any covers on that Slayer album (if that's what you meant ?). I wasn't listening to American punk bands back in the 80's, except for Minor Threat, i was more into the UK & Europe "anarcho" scene.

Ah, so I guess Minor Threat is pretty well known.

Edited by Dave Evans

twas written before his murder, but I always think about Eric Garner when I hear this:

• Like 1

That is not Metallica!

KoRn - One (cover) Metallica MTV Icon:

That is not Metallica!

Are you sure ?

I agree that song is a lil 'slayer style' but i can easily recognize lars drum style and james voice. But i have to admit im not a metallica expert.

Edited by Maiden