Help with U.vulgaris

Adelae

Hi all,

I have been out for awhile (uni exams and start of holidays) but have just received some U.vulgaris seed (not common here in Au), and am hoping to get advice on germination/growing.

I currently grow (and have germinated) U.gibba, aurea, stellaris and australis, but all were tropical forms, so no treatment.

in general I put 1 cup of compressed dried sphagnum into a 5L bowl (30cm tall), fill with water and let it sit for 2-3days (until spag sinks), then I all seeds and place in a bright but not directly lit position in the greenhouse and leave until the plants are 3-4cm then move them to a larger pond.

Do I need to (or would it be best) if I cold stratify, GA3 or just leave the seed?

On a side note I also got some U.praetermissa seed and am wonder if GA3 or a cool strat is necessary.

(was just going to throw on 3 dried spag:1 sand, high light, high humidity and a 12cm pot with a 2-3cm tray, same as my  U.longifolia and renformis get)

I am in a tropical climate so no real winter, thus a natural stratification is out of the question.

Any advice would be great