Recovery

James

Hi just received a ceph in the post, leaves and what few pitchers are very slowly fading.

It's in a south facing window, with quite cool temps, the person who did have it had it in a cool greenhouse so I hope the temps are similar.

Just wondering how long it will roughly take to bounce back and start growing some fresh growth, given the shock and change of environment.

Thanks,

James

Edited by James

• 1 month later...

I got my first Cephalotus about 3 weeks ago and they had no fluid in them when I received them and still have no fluid in them. Im still new to growing Cephs but I thought that there should be fluid in them by now, any suggestions? 

cheers! :) 

Hi it's actualy growing it now has about 3 tiny leaves, everything all died off and there was just this woody like stump but I saw what looked like a green bud, so kept with it but it did sulk for ages.

I would post some pics if I had an image hosting thingy lol.

James

I may look at joining, just been looking at Flickr but I need a yahoo account and I dont want another email address I already have 2 for work and 2 personal ones, I dont need another lol

Yeah I get that, it's a pain not being able to upload directly but that's where we're at.....

You can IM me if you want a pic posting and I'll do the honours although some of my pics tend to appear sideways which can really aggrevate some of the more ' mature' members of the site

Here I go it's a long time since I uploaded a picture lol

The first is how it arrived in the post, looking faily healthy but all the greenery slowly died.

16008451929_94f606bee9_n.jpg

image by james.cross55, on Flickr

in between the two pics it was just a stump with a bit of what looked possibly like a green bud barely visible so stuck with it.

The second is how it is now,

15572123284_1bdcdbed6f_n.jpg

image by james.cross55, on Flickr

Edited by James

From that first pic I'd say it looked like it'd had a bit of a rough journey.

I've had a couple of plants die back to nothing and then re grow from the roots.

It's an unwelcome set back and will take some time to return to the original size but at least it's pulling through which shows there's a healthy root system.