Nepenthes Hybrids!

Nepenthes Lowii

Hi people of the world! Have you wanted a custom hybrid, because I do! Post up to 3 hybrids that you would like to see in the future! You people that can make these hybrids, make them!!! 

My 3

Nepenthes Lowii x Vogelii

Nepenthes Jamban x jacquelineae x inermis x platychila

Nepenthes rajah x truncata

-Nepenthe Lowii

Edited by Nepenthes Lowii

I want to see:

N. stenophylla x sanguinea. Both of these have really great speckled colorations, and both of them are relatively easy-growing parents. I'm surprised this one hasn't been tried.

N. macrophylla x hamata. This one would be some sort of a demonic hellspawn with the teeth... My goodness I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about it.

N. tobaica x glabrata. This would undoubtedly be really fun to grow. It would surely be a small grower, but still grope around like an octopus. If you use the "purple" or "red" cultivar of N. tobaica, you could really get a lot out of this hybrid.

Edited by NepXGorgicus

Guest Olivermurray7373

Talangenisis x burbidgeae

Burbidgeae x macrophylla white pitchers with teeth!

Burbidgeae x glabrata you might have guessed I like white pitchers

Basically anything crossed with glabrata, burbidgeae, vogelii

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talangenisis x burbidgeae Burbidgeae x macrophylla white pitchers with teeth! Burbidgeae x glabrata you might have guessed I like white pitchers Basically anything crossed with glabrata, burbidgeae, vogelii Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closest thing to burbidgeae x macrophylla is the trusmadiensis x burbidgeae, which is probably going to be a real fine hybrid.

For me, I'd like to see inermis x vogelii, attenboroughii x hamata (or any other really toothy nepenthes) and aristolochioides x edwardsiana. That should yield some interesting results!

Wow! Change of rules: You can post only 3 per post, BUT, you can have 10000000000000000000 posts if you like!  :preved:

BTW; Olivermurryay7373, most "toothy" plants don't make toothy hybrids.

My 3:

1. Nepenthes Vogelli x Jamban

2. Nepenthes Jamban x jac.

3. Nepenthes inermis x edwardsisna (this one should be really orange!)

-Nepenthes Lowii

I just have one more.

(N. macrophylla x N. mirabilis var. 'echinostoma')x(N. hamata x N. edwardsiana)

It's a tolerant ultrahighlander crossed with a lowlander, then that is crossed with a standard highlander crossed with an ultrahighlander.

So... it should be like... perfect for a windowsill, right?

Let's do it.

Edited by NepXGorgicus

"(N. macrophylla x N. echinostoma)x(N. hamata x N. edwardsiana)"

I like where you're going with this.  But I'm not sure adding N. echinostoma would help with maintaining the "toothiness" of the peristomes...

I'm thinking, if we swap N. rafflesiana for N. echinostoma, the resulting hybrid would be a fair amount "toothier".  I'm drawing a blank for any other toothy lowlanders...

Here's one - Nepenthes alba x ventricosa.

Might not be ultra-mega 2-liter bottle pitcher impressive, but it would undoubtedly be easy to grow, and certainly would be a cute little grower.

I'm sick of people using N. aristolochoides to make small growing Nepenethes hybrids. No offense to anyone that likes it, but it's always been my least favorite Nepenthes lol... This would be a good small growing hybrid for people like me. X)

Plus you would undoubtedly get really nice white upper pitchers. My N. ventricosa grows mostly white uppers and most N. albas get pretty white with the upper traps.

Edited by NepXGorgicus

Hey I've got one N. klossii x N. N. aristolochoides.  It would be a weed compared to its parents.

How about N. vogelii x (N. stenophylla x N. fusca).

Would undoubtedly be thin and fluted, with spots, and the N. fusca and N. stenophylla genes are both very hardy. However, the N. vogelii would dominate this mix in terms of coloration.

Edit - And we have N. muluensis x lowii in cultivation already, why not try N. muluensis x ephippiata? It should be even easier to grow!

Edited by NepXGorgicus

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...