Soil Help

Hey guys! so im new here and I want to make a terrarium and i have these plants:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLLECTION-OF-3-CARNIVOROUS-PLANTS-Venus-fly-trap-Sarracenia-pitcher-Drosera-/171390840728?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item27e7b0af98

What kind of soil is best for these to keep them going good? I see this soil in the suggestions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carnivorous-plant-compost-venus-fly-trap-sundews-dionaea-sarracenia-Seed-compost/191349962660?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D25400%26meid%3D3c28161aaf724902911f4424e1a0f4cb%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10670%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D171390840728&rt=nc

I can see the sundews etc planted in that in the description. Do you reckon that's best? I just want to know from some experts ;-) I would like the plants to thrive in the tank
Thanks! I'm still learning alot! so sorry for my ignorance in the subject

Hey welcome! Unfortunately, the flytrap and pitcher plant will do much better outside than in a terrarium. Purple pitcher plants (depending on the subspecies) have a natural range into Canada so growing them outdoors year round shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. You could put the sundew in a terrarium but I believe it will do much better as a windowsill plant along with the flytrap. That soil media looks fine to use imo :)

• Like 1

Hey welcome! Unfortunately, the flytrap and pitcher plant will do much better outside than in a terrarium. Purple pitcher plants (depending on the subspecies) have a natural range into Canada so growing them outdoors year round shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. You could put the sundew in a terrarium but I believe it will do much better as a windowsill plant along with the flytrap. That soil media looks fine to use imo :)

Oh wow i didnt think i should grow them outside! i see alot of terrariums on youtube and stuff and thought i could try it. But if outside is better then ill go for that! just in normal soil they will be ok? :D thanks for answering!

What everyone else said about the S. purpurea and the VFT.

The soil you bought is from Gary and is ideal for the plants. Use that but grow the VFT and the S. purpurea outside or in a greenhouse and the Sundew in the windowsill.

• Like 2

What everyone else said about the S. purpurea and the VFT.

The soil you bought is from Gary and is ideal for the plants. Use that but grow the VFT and the S. purpurea outside or in a greenhouse and the Sundew in the windowsill.

Ah awesome cheers. Thanks for telling me tips :)! I must get them out of this tank i was gonna set up then!

• Like 1