Made a wistuba order

TCurrell

Hi guys,

I just placed an order for 2 N. Rajah, an N. Lowii and an N. Inermis. Does anyone else grow these from wistuba that could show some pics of what to expect from them. when they arrive i'll be sure to post piccies!

Nice one, did you go for the Mulu or Murud Lowii ? I'm hoping to place my first Wistuba order this autumn, but i'm trying to hold off to see if the Trusmadi variety becomes available again. I suppose it's best i contact Andreas and ask :laugh2:

Looking forward to your photos !

Edited by Welshy
  • Like 1

Just a heads up.  You very much don't want to cultivate N. clipeata as a lowlander.  It is very strictly an intermediate species which hates wet conditions.  This species will eventually rot if kept in conditions N. ampullaria and N. bicalcarata thrive in.

Edited by Dave Evans
  • Like 1

The species grows nearly exclusively on cliffs made of granite.  So while it like to have a soil similar to that of lowland kerangas forest type soil, it doesn't want to the same kind of air temp/air humidity conditions.

Like N. veitchii, N. northiana and N. lowii, it needs very well draining soil which hold moisture, but do not stay wet for long.  And, like N. albomarginata, it wants the humidity to drop during the day and rise dramatically at night.

Edited by Dave Evans
  • Like 1

Hi TCurrell, I have some pics of N.Rajah and N.lowii from a Wistuba order last winter.

IMG_3526_zps5c67d7f6.jpgN.Rajah

IMG_3528_zps1d98405a.jpgLatest pitcher

IMG_3529_zps62753c10.jpg

Big leaf jump

These two are my N.lowii

4f699fec-3058-4847-a03a-183d59ab81b8_zps

The one on the right is N.Lowii (gunung mulu) and the left is N.Lowii (gunung murud)

574b91cf-455b-4dc5-aa48-eeb5037110da_zpsLatest pitcher on N.lowii (gunung mulu)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My order came in today!

PTDC0148_zps19fe0bcf.jpg

It consists of " clones of rajah, an inermis, a lowii (mulu), a glabrata and a muluensis :)

here they are with their new neighbours ( recent aquisitions from roraima) a talangensis, another rajah (i know, I'm a rajah freak) and a boschiana.

PTDC0149_zps6d878419.jpg

I finally have some of the species that have been on my wishlist for a while. I have wanted a rajah for a couple of years and now i have 3!

• Like 3

Received my order yesterday of macrophylla and ephippiata. Substantially smaller than I remember them before, I was shocked/amused at how tiny the ephippiata is!:) just as well, considering I'll be limited to a terrarium for a while, and I actually prefer to grow them from as young as possible.

• Like 2

I find that's the best bit though, nurturing small plants yourself and watching them grow, instead of someone else having all the fun and then selling it on. As Corky says, it can be a challenge looking after them when they're small and tender, but surely that's all part and parcel of loving nepenthes.

Edited by Welshy
  • Like 2